I's English Pub Brew House and Darts

Chatan, Japan
I's English Pub Brew House and Darts - 'I's' turn, owner of I's Bar, in a game of darts.  Note 'I' is rated top 3 in Okinawa for darts!
I's English Pub Brew House and Darts - Friends with brews at I's Bar and English-style pub.
I's English Pub Brew House and Darts - Jeff's turn against the owner, 'I' of I's Bar, in a game of darts.  Note gas grill for making pizzas in background!
I's English Pub Brew House and Darts - Jeff and Jenny with the owner's wife.  Instant friends from mainland Japan.
I's English Pub Brew House and Darts - Jenny with the owner's wife.  Instant friends from mainland Japan.

I's English Pub Brew House and Darts Chatan Reviews

jennjeff1 jennjeff1
I's English Brew Pub and Darts House Mar 24, 2008
I's is not your average place to hang out to drink English microwbrews, eat good bar food, and toss some darts in Okinawa. This place is English friendly and has 3-4 different stouts and other dark English-type beers (usually made by microbrewers in Japan). I don't care for dark beers myself but I had the last of the Pale Ale which was quite good in both taste and quality. I did not care for the oyster beer, but it seems to be an acquired taste.

I really enjoyed the smoked cheese and oyster platter and the pizza made on a gas grill. Like all pizzas in Okinawa, they put unusual toppings on their pizzas. Most places put on yellow sweet corn as a topping, but at I's they put slices of hard boiled egg.

There were two soft-tipped dart boards set up, but be careful playing against the owner, I, especially for money. Apparently he's rated in the top 3 dart players in Okinawa!

The palace is small and cozy, but also has a wide selection of good cigars to smoke if you are in to that type of thing. They even have Montecristo for a price.

A good place to hang out, drink, smoke cigars and throw darts without too many tourists or Japanese around. Hard to find but worth the effort!
Jeff's turn against the owner, "I"…
"I's" turn, owner of I's Bar, in a…
Friends with brews at I's Bar and …
Friends with brews at I's Bar and …
reikunboy says:
sounds like a cool place if i go back to Okinawa i'll have to check it out
Posted on: Apr 05, 2008