Iron Starr

www.ironstarrbbq.com - (405) 524-5925

Iron Starr Oklahoma City Reviews

Ed_MBA Ed_MBA
Atmosphere and wine was good, maybe a bad day for BBQ Apr 12, 2008
I was in town for business, and Iron Starr was recommended. Sunday - closed. Monday - I was too busy. Tuesday evening, an associate flew in, and away we went.

We arrived about 5:30pm. Not too many folks were there yet, so we had our pick of tables. Our waitress was polite and energetic. She admitted little knowledge on the red wines, and immediately recruited another staff member who was happy to guide us down vino lane with an excellent choice.

My co-worker and I both ordered Ribs and Brisket with sides of baked beans and cornbread. There is no other way to qualify a BBQ Diner than with these two staples.

For the wonderful atmosphere and background music, I was a bit disappointed in the food. The brisket slices were less than 1/4" thick, dry and difficult to cut. Ribs appeared to have been from the previous day and reheated - dry and getting crunchy on the edges.

The service was outstanding. Always being checked on...to see if we needed more water or additional wine. As the diner filled, it did become apparent that we should be getting along so a table could be turned - our waitress dropped off our check and was frequently checking to see if my credit card had been inserted into the billing jacket.

I will continue in my search to find good 'Q in Oklahoma City.
Ed_MBA says:
I did leave a comment card with the Iron Starr...and they did offer to make it right. I am willing to give them another try when in the area.
Cheers!
Posted on: Jun 28, 2008
jhedwards78 says:
Sorry you didn't like Iron Starr that much. It is a little different than your typical BBQ place. I like it mainly because of the sides - especially their unique Mac & Cheese and Corn Pudding. For the kind of BBQ you are looking for - Bedlam BBQ or Leo's would have been better. Next time perhaps.
Posted on: Jun 25, 2008