Irish National War Memorial Gardens

(01) 475 7816

Irish National War Memorial Gardens Dublin Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Impressive, thoughtful gardens Oct 03, 2010
Designed by Lutyens, the gardens are a fitting and grand tribute to the Irish soldiers who lost their lives in World War I. Despite being an amazing garden, I am surprised at the lack of tourist footfall here. The gardens are highly accessible by car, bus and are just a stone’s throw away from Kilmainham Gaol.

The rose gardens are particularly stunning. Even for an Englishman, I can say that I have never seen a better collection of roses. The colour palate is simple but effective, but the rose bushes are just there in droves. When in full flower, the sight is stunning.

The grounds are rather large too and are complete with large swathes of green grass. A vast variety of local people frequent the park, from joggers to family groups to elderly people out for a stroll. If I lived in Dublin, I could imagine this becoming my favourite park.

The monuments to the soldiers who lost their lives are prominent too, and really command your attention.

A really great way to spend a couple of hours. If you visit Dublin and the weather is good, you should really make the time to pay these wonderful gardens a quick visit.
Africancrab says: