Ippudo Ny

www.ippudo.com/ny - (212) 388-0088

Ippudo Ny New York Reviews

taberd1983 taberd19…
Ippudo New York 4th ave May 11, 2013
Very hip ramen noodle place. Expect long line every night . Noodle is good and has that unique el dente you can't find in other places. They have a variety of noodles to meet all taste buds, in addition to an extensive menu selection. However, the price is outrageously expensive...$16 for a bowl of ramen! You are paying for the ambience and the noise. Also try the pork bun. The place is conveniently located at 4th ave and 10th street, with several metro station nearby.
aarona aarona
Ippudo NY—over-hyped Jun 02, 2011
We arrived at 12:30 PM on a Sunday afternoon and the line was very long. The wait time for a table for 4 was an hour and a half. We were too hungry to wait and decided to come back the next morning. So we did and this time we arrived at 11:00 AM (when they first opened). We were surprised to see that there were people standing outside the restaurant already. Luckily we were seated immediately.

The decor wasn't something you see in a typical ramen establishment. This place was modern and hip. The staff were very friendly and the service was also very good. I am a ramen freak and I've been hearing or reading reviews about this place for a long time. This was the moment I've been waiting for.

We ordered some appetizers to share (pan-seared tuna and pork bun) They were just ok, nothing to write home about especially for the pork bun, although the waiter highly recommended that and said that was one of the most popular items at the restaurant.

Finally, my tonkotsu ramen came. First thing I noticed was the big chunks of kakuni (pork belly) sitting on top. Usually, they come in thin slices. I like more meat in my ramen so I ordered extra kakuni. The kakuni had good flavor and was very tender. The broth was very rich and creamy. It has good flavor and not particularly salty; however, it was a little too fattening for my taste. You could actually see the pork fat floating on top of the broth...scary! I also was not pleased with the ramen. In my opinion, the ramen lacked thickness and texture and it was a little too soft for me. I would prefer it to be more "al dente".

There are many other ramen restaurants in NYC and I will continue my never ending journey of searching for the perfect bowl of tonkotsu ramen.
ellechic ellechic
Ramen, onegaishimasu! Jul 31, 2009
Great ramen in NYC!

Located in Astor Place in the East Village section of NYC, this authentic, Japanese ramen house serves up great ramen in a well-decorated venue.

Recommended dishes are:

Starters: chicken wings, braised ribs

Ramen: 5 Types of ramen to choose from with shoryu, salt, miso based broths w/ additional toppings optional

Sake: a selection of Sake (hot or cold)

Dessert: Macha Brulee, Mascarpone Cheese & Macha Ice cream and Annin Tofu

Average price for ramen is $12-$14, additional toppings optional for $2-$4
Ippudo NY - Ramen
Ippudo NY - Mascarpone Cheese with…
Ippudo NY - Macah Brulee