Ipoh is the capital of Perak, a state in Malaysia. It is about a three hours car drive (or five hour bus drive) from Kuala Lumpur via the North-South Expressway.
Ipoh is a slow paced city with limestone mountains where there are wonderful caves to explore. The town is well known amongst Malaysians for it delicious food and people often compare Penang to Ipoh in terms it.
There's a Limestone caves in ipoh called Gua Tempurong, it's quite famous of it natural form limestone on the wall. It's quite bit and they have different level, you can choose which level you wanted to go for from easy to the hardest level. This caves not too far from ipoh it just take about 30mins drive toward the Gopeng exit.
Famous and touritst attraction place in Ipoh, where to go?
**Where to go
1. Buddhist cave-Temples: Sam Poh Cave, Kek Look Tong, Perak Cave
2. Gua tempurung (www.guatempurung.com)
3.Ipoh city, historical building e.g: Railway Station, Town hall, St Michael Institution
4.Royal Belum Rainforest (www.journeymalaysia.com)
5. Kellie's Castle (Batu Gajah)
6. Taman Rekreasi Air Panas Sg Klah(Hot Spring)(www.plantationresorts.com.my)
7. White Water rafting (Gopeng)(www.journeymalaysia.com)
8. Lata Kinjang Waterfall (dramatic cascades)
9. Teluk Batik Beach, Pangkor Island
10. The Lost World of Tambun- A theme park on the other side of Tambun. If you have children, this could be a nice way to extend your visit to Tambun.(http://www.sunway.com.my/lostworldoftambun/main.asp)
**What to eat?
1. Bean sprout & chicken with noodle (Hor fun)
2. Salted chicken
3. Din Sum
4. White Coffee
5. Fishball, fish paste
6. Ramli Mee Rebus
7. Tasek Roast Duck
8. Dessert:To Fu Far(Soya bean jelly)
9. Pastry:Egg Tart, Chicken Tart, Green paste/Lotus paste/Malt flaky biscuit (Heong Piang), Kaya Pau
11.and many many more......... yummy!
(Though some might found in other States, but the taste is different!)
Tanah Rata is the biggest town in the Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia. It is 4km from Brinchang, another town in the Cameron Highlands. Tanah Rata means 'flat ground' in Malay, a referenc…
Located high in the mountains in the northeastern section of Pahang, Malaysia, the Cameron Highlands are much like the name suggests: mountainous. This is a landscape of rolling hills covered…