Invit Espressobar

9 Apotekergata, Alesund, Norway - 70 15 66 44

Invit Espressobar Alesund Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Good coffee Aug 04, 2011
Invit is a café located in the heart of Ålesund. It is located right by the canal and in the summer you can also dine outside on a converted barge, which is very lovely on a sunny day. You order and pay by the counter, and then take the food to your table yourself. The menu consists of sandwiches, salads, soup of the day, cakes and cookies. The pastry looked very tempting.

I have been there twice, first time was for lunch and second time for breakfast. On my lunch visit I had a mozzarella and tomato panini and a coffee mocha. The panini was really boring. It was toasted and came with NOTHING, no slice of tomato, not even a leaf of lettuce! The coffee was good though. It was a beautiful day, so the place was very busy. The café was obviously understaffed. Both inside and outside the tables were overflowing of dirty cups, plates with left over food and dirty glasses. The sea gulls were having a feast!

Yesterday I went there for breakfast. I had a croissant, which was warm (freshly made), homemade müsli with honey and plain yoghurt and a chai latte. The müsli, with almonds, hassle nuts and plenty of seeds, was very good, but the chai latte was a bit tasteless.

This time it was quiet, but they still seemed understaffed. One behind the counter, one in the kitchen and no one to clean the tables is not enough. Dirty dishes were left on the tables.

It´s a nice place and breakfast was good, so they could easily get a higher rating if they get more staff to clean up the place.

Opening hours:

Monday – Friday: 08:10 – 16:25

Saturday: 10:00 – 16:25

Sunday: 12:00 – 16:25
Invit Espressobar
sarahsan says:
No worries Huib. The place has great potentials.
Posted on: Aug 05, 2011
huibdos says:
I am sorry, I had seen people work on Schiphol airport like zombies, and junk all around.
That vu popped through my head while reading your review.
Maybe I check this place later:)
Posted on: Aug 05, 2011
sarahsan says:
I agree with you Huib, but in this place they certainly need more people. The two I saw were working very hard.
Posted on: Aug 04, 2011