Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness Tourist Hostel Rates and Deals

Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

Lothiriel Lothiriel
Good location, but not easy to find Jul 23, 2011
Like the majority of days in the UK Islands, I got lots of on-and-off rain while in Inverness. And since I was halfway through my euro-trip and extremely tired, initially I decided to stay there for at least three days, meaning that if I liked the place in general, I'd stay more. But it was not the case.

The pros of this hostel are that it's pretty clean (room and bathrooms) and it has a great location, meaning its half a block from the bus station and two blocks from the main commercial zone.

The cons is that the staff could have been more helpful about things to do or trips or where to rent a bike, for example. I had to find all that on my own with a vague direction from them.

Even though it's right around the corner of the bus station, it's not easy to find. The street is only one block long and it does not have its name signalized.

I arrived at the bus station at midnight and could not find it: it's a small town, nothing is open and no one is out and around at that hour, not even the bus station itself. None of the other passengers knew about this hostel either. There was only one Arab food place open nearby so I asked them and they said that it was in their very building, but the entrance was around the corner.

Bottom line: try not to arrive too late at night, it's creepy and lonely. And be careful returning late at night for the same reason. But maybe I'm just paranoid because I live in a place where if it's lonely at night, you're pretty much going to get robbed or worse.

Because of the rain and cold, I stayed mostly at the hostel reading (which is all right for that, even if the old couches and hospital-lighting make it a little depressing), or at different coffee shops doing the same.

The hostel is all right if you're going to stay out all day and get a good rest at night, but that's about it. It's functional and clean, but not particularly pretty or fun.

Check Inverness Tourist Hostel Rates and Deals