International Wildlife Museum

Tucson, Arizona

International Wildlife Museum Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Wildlife from all over the globe Apr 04, 2009
I did not know this place existed until I decided to take Mike ( to the Sonoran desert museum in November of 2008. We stumbled across it because we had missed our turn and decided retrace our steps . . .

04/04/2009: Today I returned to drop of a couple of friends visiting from Belgium but did not stay. When I was last there in November with my Canadian friend Mike, I found out that it does get really busy over the weekends because families take their children to learn about wildlife and see those animals that they would normally not see but in geography or science books. Admission is reasonably priced at $7.00 for adults, $5.50 for senior citizens (62 years and older), $5.50 for Students, $5.50 for Military, $2.50 children ages 4-12 and free for children 3 and below with parent. A visit to the museum will last at least two hours.

The museum was founded in the 1980s as a non profit educational center for wildlife world wide. It is an educational provision/ program which is part of the Safari Club International Foundation. It houses over 400 species of insects, mammals, and birds from around the world. Some of the collections are really old (almost 100 years). Most of the animals at the museum are donations from knowledge seekers who care to share their knowledge with others.

Visitors are allowed to take photographs and enjoy close up experiences with the animals in the museum. I was especially intrigued by the amphibians on the grounds. Mike and I took a self guided tour and did not pay extra for a guide, much of the information is actually written at each stop in detail. The museum talks about Living Fossils and shows you what they are comprised of such as coelacanths, birds and cockroaches. There is the Absaroka Elk Ecology Project which is a multi-community, multi-landscape project working to provide long term benefits to wildlife and the communities that co-exist with them in northwestern Wyoming.

Related Travel Blogs About International Wildlife Museum

Sights, Sounds, Scenes and Sins of Tucson!
I have been meaning to write an independent blog on Tucson, but due to the many other obligations and work, I put it aside each time it came to mind. Things got in the way and one more . . . I h…International Wildlife Museum, Sonora Desert Museum etc. The weather in Tucson: The sunsets here do not compare to the sunsets…

Check Tucson Hotel Deals