International Scuba Diving Incorporated

www.interscubact.com - (860) 621-8265

International Scuba Diving Incorporated Southington Reviews

WaltJake WaltJake
Feb 27, 2007
I got hooked on scuba diving when I tried a beginners class on a trip to Cancun....in Mexico it was an hour in class, an hour in the pool, then off we went to the ocean. When I tried to do the same thing in Myrtle Beach a year later, I was told that to dive in the US, you need to be certified to do so! So, off I went to International Scuba. After 40 hours of classroom training (every Tuesday night for several weeks) and about 6 hours training at the local YMCA pool, and then a few ocean excursions, including an overnight trip to Rhode Island, I was certified and ready to go..and MUCH better prepared than my little daytrip-dive in Mexico. I was ready to handle any underwater emergency. While taking my advance training class, which involved underwater navigation skills by compass, we were about 40 feet down in a pitch black lake with just a few feet of visibility, when my dive partner accidentally kicked me with her flipper, knocking off my face mask and regulator. Thanks to our extensive pool training, I knew how to handle this emergency, and calmly retrieved my mask and replaced my regulator as I was taught. It was instinctive and automatic how I reacted, thanks to the repeated practicing of just this situation every week in the pool. If that had happened in Mexico, I'm sure I would have probably panicked and raced to the surface...never a good idea when diving! Now I am comfortable diving whenever and wherever I am on vacation, and I owe it to the great training I got at International Scuba!
WaltJake says:
yeah..it's really cool..it's a whole new world under there!
Posted on: Feb 28, 2007
Eric says:
awesome, i was just thinking of taking scuba lessons...heard it's a blast.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2007