International Bakery

5106 South 24th Street, Omaha, NE, USA

International Bakery Omaha Reviews

diisha392 diisha392
Delicious Pastries at Great Prices! Jul 02, 2015
I read about this bakery in the Omaha tourist guides and it was on my list of "if-it's-convenient." I am very glad that it was close to where I ended up parking for a short walk on 24th St. The prices are low (5 small cookies for $1, fruit-filled empanadas for 50 cents, for example) and the flavors are scrumptious.

It is a simple shop. When you walk in, you pick up a cafeteria tray and a pair of tongs. Then you just go around to the stacks of trays or cabinets and pick out what you want, putting the items directly on the tray. Most of the food options are sweet but there are also a few more savory ones that could serve as part of a meal. Options include a mix of Latino desserts and more typical American fare. My only complaint is that not every item was labeled so if you weren't familiar the food, you were at a loss on what you were about to eat.

The popularity of the bakery was evidenced by the long line to check out. However, the workers were efficient at ringing up the trays of pastries and kept the line from standing still for too long.

If I return to Omaha, I definitely would like to return to this place :)

Check Omaha Hotel Deals