Costa Rica - (506) 2-283-5573

Interbus Reviews

honeybee1 honeybee1
I would not book Interbus again Jan 24, 2015
In December my boyfriend and I went to Costa Rica for 10 days and booked Interbus shuttles to get to different parts of the country. The day of our first pick up Interbus was scheduled to be at the hotel at 8:15am. Like many other hotel guests we checked out of the hotel and waited for the bus in front of the hotel. While waiting for about 30 minutes 3 other busses stopped asking if we belong to their route but our driver never showed up.

When calling to understand how much longer it would be we learned that the driver was apparently at our hotel but because we were checked out the driver left the hotel again without inquiring with any of the waiting guests. The result: 7 hour delay, a sunset at a gas station rather than at the beach and a very disappointing start to the vacation.

When talking to Interbus about this very frustration situation Interbus shared that they show a record of the driver having been there and therefore we were out of luck. We went back and forth for over 3 weeks but Interbus simply didn't care.

On another route the driver passed a stop from another passenger on board (costing us an extra hour to our destination). And yet on another route we had the rudest driver (he gave us 2 minutes to go to the bathroom...gee, thanks!).

I did not bother sharing those other issues with Interbus considering they didn't care about the one instance that impacted our vacation the most.

Said in short I would not book Interbus again.
ahoymatey2011 ahoymate…
The best way to travel from city to city while in CR Apr 22, 2011
We decided not to rent a car while in Costa Rica beacause the cost of the deposit was $1000.00, instead we made a reservation with the interbus company. There were prompt, friendly, and comfortable. Keep in mind most roads that you have to travel in Costa Rica are rough and sometimes blocked. There are no street signs and no addresses. It is very complicated!!
The bus!
gserrado gserrado
Best way to get around Costa Rica Jun 08, 2009
There are very cheap ways to travel around Costa Rica, but if you don't want to worry about public transportation or crazy schedules then I recommend Interbus.

For about $39 each way, one can travel to the most popular spots in CR. Most of the drivers we had were extremely friendly and went out of their way to show us the country.

Their schedules work very well with travelers needs. They have morning shuttles and afternoon shuttles. In all of our trip, they arrived about 15 minutes earlier than scheduled and got us to our destination/hotel at the time they said.

The one issue I had was that I wasn't sure who to speak with when I had an issue. I placed our reservation through which Viajes sin Fronteras owned. However, all the associates at Viajes Sin Fronteras were extremely friendly and very customer services oriented.
Costa Rica Map