InterContinental Wien

Check Vienna Hotel Deals

InterContinental Wien Vienna Reviews

smk23us smk23us
Great location, perfect service Feb 18, 2009
I stayed at Intercontinental Vienna during my engagement.

Maybe from the outside view of the building does not throw you on your knees, but inside and service is top-notch.

Rooms are rather small (well at least those that i could afford :) ), but are good planed and have very comfortable beds. Further more you get your buttler, who makes you feel like one of the most important guest, even if you're just regular John Smith.

Hotel is located in the heart of Vienna, near all most important sights and museums, so you can easly reach all by foot or by public transport.

If you want to have a luxury stay in Viena and do some sightseeing, than Intercontinental should be your choice
view from our room
spocklogic spocklog…
Intercontinental Value in Vienna Feb 12, 2006
The Intercontinental chain of hotels provide the standard that business travelers expect. The Intercontinental Wein is no exception. It may not be the best price in the area, but the quality is quite excellent. I stayed here during a conference and was very pleased with my stay. The rooms are excellent, the staff helpful and the lobby very nice to lounge about. In fact, it is a good place to see people dressed for the opera. I sat one afternoon just watching people in great garments go by. BTW - there is a small opera house just across the street and a decent performance can be experienced for a reasonable price.

In terms of location it is decent as well. Vienna is a big city, so centrally located is not such a meaningful description here. The bus system for the city rings are very nearby and distant sights are easily accessible by bus from here also. I took one bus just down the street that let me off at the Zentralfriedhof (central cemetery). I was pleased to see Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, Brahms and Strauss. My real visit was for Boltzmann, however, the physicist who introduced the concept of entropy (degree of disorder). His grave stone reads S=k logW. I was glad to spend some moments in order or disorder in reflection there.

I am never disappointed by an Intercontinental hotel. I realize that it is not always in every persons price range, but the value for service and comfort is always exceptional. There is sometimes a sense that a hotel like this is not accessible to the ordinary traveler, but I disagree. It depends on the season you travel here and good deals can be obtained. Remember, hotels like this would rather have paying guests at reduced rates than none at all. I can recommend this hotel when staying in Vienna.
Intercontintal Hotel from Stadtpark
Lobby View
Room view
spocklogic says:
Well, it means there is a connection between the microscopic and macroscopic world (small and big) in statistical ways. The constant k is Boltzmann's famous one and connects energy and temperature. These are well known things today, but during the time of Boltzmann it was genius (unrealized during his life). Sadly, he committed suicide while on vacation with his family while they went for a swim. I like the words you speak, very well said. The Zentralfreidhof is not much on words - perhaps I should review it, a cemetery?
TravChef says:
Do you know what that mean? S=k logW?
TravChef says:
Thanks for the review to give us some knowledge about the hotel.

I like to visit the cemetary also, sometime to read what the love one behind wrote for them make me look up to myself and think, did I do enough while living? Did I do a good thing? And sometime, all words just make my heart melt and want to live and do something for someone we love, just in case there is no tomorrow.

InterContinental Wien Overview

The Intercontinental Vienna is located in the city center. It is 700 meters to the famous St. Stephen’s Cathedral. The opera house, City Park, and shopping zones are within 1 km of the hotel also. The Hotel Intercontinental Vienna is 11 miles from the Vienna airport. Transfer by car from the hotel can be arranged.

There are 436 rooms at the Intercontinental Vienna Austria, including 60 suites. Digital TV, air conditioning, and en-suite bathrooms are standard. A room refurbishment project kicks off in June of 2009 to update the facilities.

The Intercontinental Wien Vienna is a luxury hotel blending modern amenities and traditional architecture. It is one of the larger conference hotels in the city, offering space for up to 1,000 attendees in 16 function rooms. There are multiple bar areas and a restaurant serving an Austrian/Mediterranean blend, the Mediterraneo. A gym, sauna, and spa treatment center allow for relaxation. The front desk is staffed around the clock and provides travel booking services.

InterContinental Wien Amenities

• Solarium
  • Steam Bath
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes