InterContinental Stephen F. Austin

InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Rates and Deals

InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Not so "Austin" Apr 15, 2010
AS many people know, I love Holiday Inn Express Hotels and their priority club rewards program. You may also know that Austin is by far my favorite city in all of Texas and so it was natural to use some of those bonus points and stay at this property. I would love to say that I paid the full price on a room, but no, I got it for free and I am pretty glad that I didn’t have to pay for the room. The hotel is the pinnacle of luxury. Just pulling up to the lobby makes you feel like you are in for a wonderful treat. The lobby and its décor is absolutely tops. But that is about where the wonderful treats stop.

The location is really good if you are a big partier and like to hang out on Sixth Street which is full of partiers until at least 2am in the morning, so be warned, you can hear a lot of the noise.

One good thing about the hotel is only a short distance to Austin’s State Capitol building and within walking distance of other attractions like the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. The University of Texas and scenic Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail are also easily accessible

This hotel has really good size rooms, for the most part. When we were at the counter checking in, a family was complaining that their room was way to small and was not the room they booked. The hotel staff seemed helpful enough and moved them to another room, but I believe that had to pay more. The family didn’t look too happy, but the staff was pretty nice about it and was just probably following the rules. The rooms are really nicely furnished with coffeemakers flat screen TVs, comfortable chairs, large desk to spread all of your work out on and the most comfortable of beds. This property had all those pillows on the bed and some really soft sheets. I didn’t like the fact that you had to pay for the internet in 15 minute increments. I was also surprised to find that you will be charged even if you just move products around in the refrigerator. We wanted to make room for our stuff and when we checked out they wanted to charge us a fee. I won the argument and it was removed from our bill. Parking was very expensive, so we parked at a nearby garage and just walked around town.

They have a very knowledgeable on-site concierge services. They have a 24-hour fitness facilities, complete with an indoor pool. The hotel also features on-site dining at Café Julienne for breakfast and at the Roaring Fork for lunch and dinner both which were so expensive that we opted to eat at the various other restaurants in the area. I would suggest Max’s Wine dive
Chokk says:
I know the feeling - been places like that too.
Posted on: Jul 19, 2010
williamsworld says:
It was noisy, and that charge really upset me. I thought it would have been a really good 4 star, I am just glad I didn't have to pay for the night
Posted on: Jul 19, 2010
Chokk says:
When I read your review you are not as negative as your overall and you loved the bed:) What triggered your overall down so much.

Fee for moving stuff in the fridge;)) This sounds crazy - The closest I had to that was once by mistake due to an electronic registration of what you used from fridge.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2010

InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Overview

The 6th Street Entertainment District stands all around the InterContinental Stephen F Hotel Austin, giving guests here a good starting point for jaunts of all types throughout the city, amidst the entertainments, business opportunities, and the natural surrounding areas. For those who must work while visiting beneath the Texas sun, the important business and government districts of the city, as well as the Austin Convention Center, are within a few short minutes of the lobby. Area points of interest for the leisurely guest include the LBJ Presidential Library, the Texas State History Museum, Auditorium Shores, the State Capitol, Zilker Park, Frank Erwin Center, and Highland Mall. The airport is less than twenty minutes from the InterContinental Stephen F Hotel Austin, and car parking is offered onsite.

Guests of the InterContinental Stephen F Hotel Austin are offered high speed Internet access, satellite television, premium appointments, room service, valet laundry, and many executive amenities in suites.

Business and meeting facilities are available at the InterContinental Stephen F Hotel Austin, as are a swimming pool, 24 hour front desk service, a Jacuzzi, multiple dining and lounge options, and a fitness center.

InterContinental Stephen F. Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes