InterContinental Kuala Lumpur

InterContinental Kuala Lumpur Rates and Deals

InterContinental Kuala Lumpur Reviews

Snootleather Snootlea…
Upscale luxury near the Petronas towers. Oct 12, 2014
We selected the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur for a two day extended layover in KL. This beautiful property is conveniently located near the Kuala Lumpur City Center, Petronas Towers, shopping, dining, and other sites of interest.

Upon our arrival we discovered a minor issue with our reservations, but the helpful staff resolved it quickly and upgraded us to a premier room. The bell hop escorted us to our room, made sure we were comfortable, and that we understood the features of the room.

Once we settled in, my travbuddy paid a visit to the spa. Upon her return she said she had an amazing massage and felt so relaxed and refreshed.

The room was very spacious and well laid out. It came with a sofa, desk, flat screen TV, Internet, a very very comfortable king size bed. A large marble bathroom with separate bath and rain shower round out the package.

There are several dining options and lounges in the hotel. We enjoyed some drinks in one of the bars and dinner at the Tatsu. The Tatsu serves excellent Japanese cuisine, I had sushi and it was to die for. For breakfast we ate at the Serena Brasserie, a restaurant located just past the lobby. The breakfast buffet served a variety of Malay, Indian, & Chinese cuisine. This was by far the best buffet I have ever eaten at.

The concierge was extremely helpful in assisting us with information about nearby attractions as well as arranging a driver to take us to outlying sites. The driver would wait for us to visit the site and then take us on to our next. These sites included the Batu Caves, Istana Negara, and KL bird park.

If you are planning on staying in KL, you cannot go wrong staying at this upscale luxury hotel.
A short walk from the InterContine…
Eddie_Slow Eddie_Sl…
I like the spa Mar 24, 2011
Well it have all the trimmings of a 5 star hotel, friendly staff, comfortable bed etc. The most memorable though is a good relaxing time being pampered after a hard days work at the spa there.
heilong heilong
Wonderful hotel close to the KLCC Dec 22, 2010
I was impressed with this hotel. First, its location is quite convenient... it's adjacent to the Ampang Park LRT station and a 5-minute walk to the KLCC (including Petronas Towers and Surya Mall)... certainly not the worst part of KL.

Second, this chain of hotels is Japanese... this translates into excellent service as well as Japanese-style equipment in the room and bathroom, the attention to details is evident. The comparisons with Japan stop there, however, as the main room and bathroom were very spacious, the bathroom even having both a tub and a separate shower area.

Third, the breakfast buffet was fantastic. Usually, I am not the kind of traveler to spend much time and money on hotel-provided breakfast as I prefer to grab food on the road, especially in Asian countries. However, breakfast was included with my rate so I thought I would give it a chance... I am happy I did, nice way to start the day... and I was back on the following morning.

If available, I would recommend booking the room with both internet and breakfast included... as they can be quite pricey if charged individually.

Last, the hotel itself is pleasing... the lobby, the outdoor waterfall area, the swimming pool and the rooms all have some style, which contributes to the overall experience.

In conclusion, I would greatly recommend this place to travelers visiting KL unless on a tight budget. It's not particularly cheap but I still found the overall value high enough to justify the cost.
williamsworld says:
Posted on: Dec 29, 2010

InterContinental Kuala Lumpur Overview

One of the most ideally placed hotels in Kuala Lumpur for the leisure traveler, the Hotel Nikko Kuala Lumpur is only steps from the business district, city center, world-class shopping and dining areas and many famous sites as well. The Putra World Trade Center is across the street, Capital Square is within sight, and Chow Kit is a short stroll from the hotel too. The Hotel Nikko KL is located at 165, Jalan Ampang and is 29.1 miles from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

The 468 rooms and suites in the Hotel Nikko Kuala Lumpur Malaysia all offer designer d├ęcor, minibars and beverage stations, luxury linens and toiletries, full baths, high-speed Internet access, direct dial phones, climate controls and personal safes.

The Hotel Nikko in Kuala Lumpur offers a wealth of facilities and services for guests to enjoy. These include concierge and tour desk options, 24-hour front desk, a full business service center with meeting and event rooms, several gourmet restaurants, many comfortable lounges with bar service, an indoor swimming pool, fitness center, onsite valet parking and much more.

InterContinental Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes