InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport

InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport Rates and Deals

InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport Frankfurt am Main Reviews

qwerty2008 qwerty20…
Tourist Trap with hidden charges Dec 12, 2008
I found this hotel through the Frankfurt Airport's webpage. At only €78 a night quoted on the webpage, we thought that we were getting quite a good deal. Well, I was mistaken.

They said on the hotel webpage they offer a "Free" airport shuttle. Well, the shuttle is free, but ONLY when you travel from the airport to their hotel. If you want to leave their hotel and catch a ride on the bus back to the Airport, it is €5 a person. This was not mentioned on the original booking page. So their "free" airport shuttle is NOT free.

Their hotel restaurant's average price is between €15 to €20 a person (just for the main course) and a standard size coke from the vending machine is €3. They have a mini-bar in the room, but the prices are not any cheaper. The is absolutely nothing else in the area surrounding the hotel, so there is nothing you can walk to. If you want to get back to the airport to find cheaper food you have to pay the €5/person bus fee to get back.

When my wife and I checked in, we were asked if we would like breakfast, and we said sure, because the front desk lady said nothing about it costing anything, so we said ok. Well, sometimes accidents happen while on vacation, and you don't always wake up when you would like to, so we were unable to get breakfast as we had expected. We went to check out and that's when we found out that our hotel bill was not the €78 quoted online, but €113!! YES you read that right, they charge you €35 for breakfast for 2 people. We tried to tell the lady that we had not had a chance to get the breakfast because we were running late, and had to make it to the airport. However, she was unapologetic, unsympathetic, and unwilling to get rid of the charge for us (this was the only hotel I've ever been to that would not do anything to help their guests). The front desk person, told us that it had already been added to the bill and the could not take it off regardless if we had asked for the breakfast or not.

We had to leave to make our flight so we were unable to stay there and argue it out. So I'm out €35 (approx. ~ $45USD), and have no recourse against them.

So be warned when you stay here it may not be the bargain that it appears online. I guess their system is ok for those people who are business travelers and the company picks up the tab. However, it's not an acceptable system to me because I'm out an extra €35 for nothing.

I was unhappy with the hotels staff unwillingness to help someone out.

I cannot recommend this hotel after the way I was treated.

InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport Overview

The entire area where the Intercityhotel Airport Frankfurt is located provides attractions, restaurants, shops, and bars. Not far is the downtown area of Frankfurt and the Exhibition Grounds. While at the airport, visitors can visit the famous Pub JU 52, a quaint and nostalgic place where barbecue and cold drinks are served in the beautiful beer garden. The airport location of the InterCityHotel Airport Frankfurt am Main makes getting around easy. Just off the A3 and A5 motorways, the hotel has quick access to and from various destinations within the city.

This three-star intercity hotel is the perfect choice for people flying in and out of Frankfurt needing a quick stay or people wanting a convenient location while vacationing. Along with modern rooms and affordability, the InterCityHotel Airport Frankfurt am Main provides business guests with 23 meeting rooms and two auditoriums designed to hold up to 160 people. Amenities include air conditioning, mini-bar, satellite television, hairdryer, and in-room phone.

The InterCityHotel Airport Frankfurt am Main is a cozy and convenient hotel, with a central location to pleasure and business guests. Located at the Frankfurt Rhein-Main International Airport adds to the convenience. The hotel and grounds are beautifully maintained with staff members working hard to ensure the comfort of every visitor.

InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels