Institut du monde arabe

1 Rue des Foss├ęs-Saint-Bernard, Paris, France - 01 40 51 38 38
Institut du monde arabe - Its the Notre Dame!
Institut du monde arabe - The view from the top of the building
Institut du monde arabe - The view from the top of the building

Institut du monde arabe Paris Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Great (free) views of the River Sep 18, 2012
I decided to visit Institut du monde Arabe because of the interesting modern architecture. I am usually not a big fan of modern architecture but my interest in the Islamic community in Paris made me come here. And I have to admit, I am impressed by the details of the structure. From a far it would look like just a block of sharp squarish building.

There are 2 restaurants (1 is more like a cafe) within the building itself but I had already eaten by the time I reached this building.

On my arrival, I was informed that there is an observation deck at the top of the building for great views (I was not informed abt this from my guidebook). So I took the lift up and enjoyed the views of the city (mostly the river). The nice restaurant is on this floor so I guess it wld have been nice to have dinner here and enjoy the views in the evening. I was able to get good view of the Notre Dame Cathedral from here.
The view from the top of the build…
spocklogic says:
It's worth a visit just for the observation platform. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Paris.
Posted on: Sep 18, 2012
westwind57 says:
This is a nice "insiders tip", I am in Paris several times per year but didn't know about that :)
Posted on: Sep 18, 2012
orphan008 orphan008
History in a Box Feb 23, 2010
My half and I were able to attain free-passes to see the 'Arts de l'Islam', which I must say was a great exhibition. There are many levels to the building, and at some parts it can get over-crowded with people trying to fit into the small elevators. There are a couple of restaurants at your dispose, served and self-served. The bookstore is great. There is a terrace that is a great place to take photos of the surrounding area. All-in-all a pleasant experience. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Check Paris Hotel Deals