Insider Tour Berlin Pub Crawl

Berlin, Germany

Insider Tour Berlin Pub Crawl Reviews

fred178 fred178
Not what it said on the tin May 10, 2011
'Rub shoulders with the locals' was the message I was given from the well-designed video advert I watched from the Insider tour. As none of the other companies made such an effort with the publicity, my friends and I went with Insider.

12 euros gets you a beer several watered down shots, some company for the evening and club entry- whether thats a good deal or not people will have different opinions of.

So wheres the Issue? For a start there were no locals. My two friends and I found ourselves in a group with 50+ loud-mouthed stereotypical 18 year old American kids getting a little too overexcited about the lower drinking age in Europe. (I'm not looking down from the position of a patronising 20+ something- my friends and I are 18 as well), but this group were just an absolute pain. Expecting pubs and bars off the beaten track to meet and mingle with real people from the area, we were dragged to empty bars overpriced bars where the pub crawl group filled the entire venue. No Locals in sight. And the guides looked almost as annoyed as us at being stuck there, which didn't do anything to raise the spirits.

Don't see this as just a rant to confuse you on whether or not to go on this particular crawl. On different nights I saw and spent time with groups on the 666 antipub crawl and the new Berlin Crawl and from even just a spectators point of view that is what I would recommend- smaller groups, social interraction amongst new people, positive charismatic guides, oh and exactly the same price- 12 euros.
allnightermark allnight…
a full night of partying!! Feb 01, 2011
My last trip to Europe I flew into Berlin, and spent the first few nights there. I went on a few guided tours while there, but this was probably my favorite. Not just because I like my booze, but because you get to see some of the "off the tourist trail" places where the locals go to unwind. The tour costs around 12 dollars and is well worth the money. You get a free beer and t-shirt as soon as you meet could leave at the meet-up and it would still be a good deal! After the meet-up your group leader takes you to 3...or 4 ...or 5 bars. I really can't remember how many it was, but that means I had a good time! Plus you get a free shot at every bar you go to. Trust me, by the end of the night you will have made a lot of new friends and have a much better understanding of Berlin culture! If you get the chance, check this one out!
adriadri adriadri
it can be better ... much better! Sep 21, 2010
Price: 12Euros.

I took this pub crawl on a Tuesday night, wich I think has a lot to do with the bad experience I had. For a better experience I think u need to take this Pub Crawl maybe on another night...starting on a Thursday maybe.

Anyways, there where tons of 18-20 year olds who got wasted on the first bar, the guide was trying to control this kids by yelling at them! (we all said that she was like this mean teacher we all had in highschool!)

The first bar was "OSTZONE", wich is an OK bar with lots of historic pictures and memorabilia from the war..wich is OK, then we went to this other club wich was so boring, then we went to a bar called "silverfish" wich was good, by this time the kids where WASTED and the guide was NOT HAPPY with them.

The we went to "ZAPATA" wich was the highlight of the night, this club ROCKS, we all loved it, they had latin music and a lil concert going on..we all loved this club and I fully recomend for everyone to go to "ZAPATA", even other people we met in Berlin where raving about this club. Then we ended going to another lame club and that where our night ended.

Im giving an honest review on what I experienced, I wish I had a better time on this pub crawl, the only thing I liked was ZAPATA.

By the end of the night most of the kids where gone, they went back to "ZAPATA".

I have nothing against the guide but it was a pub crawl it was meant to be fun, it was not meant to be a school field trip! Other than that i met great people around my age...and I think there should be a pub crawl for people over 25, there was a big age gap.
saintgl says:
Thanks for the tip!!! I will arriving in London on Sept 19. I'll be there for a few days and then will go to Amsterdam. I understand that the weather in London in October may not be "ideal" in Oct, but I wouldn't let that stop you -- just be prepared :) Besides, that is probably part of a real London experience.
Posted on: Sep 02, 2010
adriadri says:
Please check people's opinion beforeshowing up, i really had a bad time!
When r u going to London? i want to go in October but i can't decide due to the crappy weather i might get.
Posted on: Sep 02, 2010
saintgl says:
Hmmm, I was considering doing one of those in London, I may have to do some research because I show up :)

Nice work!