2F 112 Myeongryun 2ga, Seoul, South Korea

Inside Backpacker Rates and Deals

Inside Backpacker Seoul Reviews

newtampo newtampo
Inside Backpacker May 25, 2011
I found this place when I looked for a hostel for our Korea Survey trip. Before we landed in Korea, I only saw the place from the picture on its website. Reviews of tourists made sure that this one is a nice place and located near subway that is easy to access any highlight spot in Seoul.

We were 5 people but they had 8 beds available so we chose that one and thought maybe other tourists might join. When we arrived, we followed the map on the website, it’s only 5 minutes from subway (Hyehwa Station) and easy to find. The head office is also a guesthouse. We thought we stayed there. They have about 4 rooms (6 beds, 2 beds, 3 beds, something). Everyone use the same bathroom and toilet. Kitchen, living room and internet cafe’ are in the same area next to the front desk. Then the manager said because we are 5 people so he managed us to stay in another branch. Inside Backpacker now has about 3 branches as I know. Ok, we moved to the second branch that is on the main road and more near to subway.

We loved here more than a place at the head office because it’s private! It’s one small house with 8 beds, private bathroom, living room and a small space before get in a house. The owner told us if the other tourists came, he would set them to stay here. We didn’t mind. But since we stayed for 7 days, no one joined. Yuppy!

Price is cheap for us. We’re 5 people, we had a whole house and paid only 600 Baht/Night each. 3 People of my team stayed only 2 days then they’re back to Thailand. My co-worker (Ning) and I stayed longer until one week. We thought the manager would move us to another place when we’re only 2 persons but he said he’s lazy to clean haha so he let us stay for only two people until the end of the trip with 100Baht more of the normal price, not bad at all. Whole house was for us.

The manager was very kind and friendly. We had a problem about registered for a one-day free WiFi on one of Korean’s operator on website. It needed our credit card number to pay for one-day WiFi but our cards didn’t work and all written in Korean. I asked the manager to help translate it but he did more than that. He used his credit card to register for us! Wow. Appreciated! We paid him back but what he offered to help was too much than we thought. Thank you so much.

There are full of shops, cafe’, restaurants on the main street. Our guesthouse is in a smally ally 5 meters from the main street. Inside the ally has two places, a) our guesthouse b) a pub. We used the same wall. This pub was also nice. I love the music they play.

If you go to Seoul and look for a guesthouse to stay, I recommend this place. Check out its website, it’s fun.

Related Travel Blogs About Inside Backpacker

Here we Seoul ..
Our mission in Busan was done, the next visit was Seoul. The owner of the motel drove us to the train station to get the train at 8am. Woke up in Busan with the cold in an early mornin…Seoul. I booked the hostel,Inside Backpacker, from Bangkok. The reservation rate was cheap. Reviews about this hostel are good…

Check Inside Backpacker Rates and Deals