Insanity at the Stratosphere

2000 Las Vegas Boulevard South Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Insanity at the Stratosphere - Extending out over the side of the tower
Insanity at the Stratosphere - Feeling nervous as the ride loads
Insanity at the Stratosphere - Insanity!
Insanity at the Stratosphere - Look at that drop!

Insanity at the Stratosphere Las Vegas Reviews

austin37335 austin37…
This is Insanity Jun 16, 2011
Insanity is a ride based on the top of the Stratosphere Tower and is over 900 feet high.

It is a huge mechanical arm with seats arranged in a circular fashion at one end. The arm extends over the side of the tower and spins riders high above the strip.

My nerves started jangling as soon as I was strapped into the seat, and we were still safely on the tower as the ride loaded it's thrill seeking passengers. My heart started pounding as the arm started its journey extending out over the side of the tower. I looked down and there was nothing below me for over 900 feet! Then the ride started to spin, gathering speed and as it did, the angle of the seats increased downwards until you were virtually facing the floor and it was impossible to do anything but look at that enormous drop below. As you spin you apparently carry 3 Gs and you feel every single one of them. The views were spectacular however and I caught my breath for a few moments and took it all in. The ride spins for what seems like and age and for much of it I was hoping that the mechanics of this ride were well maintained!

This is another Stratosphere ride that uses the height of the tower to full effect and it is one that any adrenalin junkie just has to try. This is $12 that you won't regret spending.
Feeling nervous as the ride loads
Extending out over the side of the…
Look at that drop!