Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre

Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre Rates and Deals

Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Cheap accomodation Oct 01, 2016
We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, we arrived late at night so we wanted to be in the city centre and from a walkable distance from the train station.

This hotel was located in somewhat like a backalley if you are coming from the train station but it is pretty close to a tram station.

Heres the deal with this hotel:

This hotel occupies 2 buildings and our rooms are located in the 2nd building so we always have to take the lift to the 2nd floor and walk to the end of hallway to take another lift up to our room on the 5th floor - which is fine so we are not facing the main street

Room was spacious though funny shape

Small bathroom cum toilet - small wash basin (not much place to put my toiletry bag)

No free breakfast

Free wifi

Quiet though surrounded by many restaurants

Nice breakfast place a few doors away from the hotel (at the end of the street facing the tram station) which serves great breakfast

The furnitures are a bit dated as compared to most hotels which are quite modern & sleek in design. Not that anything was spoilt or creaky - just my suggestion

No free drinking water

Fridge is stocked with soft drinks, water, beer with price list

I tried to use the iron in the room, the ironing board was bit complicated to work with and the iron was super tiny that it takes forever to iron a pair of pants

I would recommend this hotel but I would to prefer to stay on the main street.
2 buildings of the hotel
2 buildings of the hotel (view whe…
Paulovic says:
I think you see that more often that you can choose with or without breakfast.
Posted on: Oct 01, 2016
Eboogzs Eboogzs
Great Hotel in the Center Mar 28, 2010
This hotel was inexpensive and situated in an excellent location. close to the train station, shopping, food, sites (like the red light district), and more. I highly recommend this hotel for the budget traveler. There's even a great bar and grill next door as well as a great italian restaurant, and my favorite...Wok to walk.

My mom and I stayed here and it was in walking distance to everything. The staff was also great at mapping everything out for us so they definitely get a lot of tourists. While we were there, the name of the hotel changed from Golden Tulip to Inntel, which was awkward when we were looking for our hotel after lunch based on the neon sign.

Fun little experience, lol.
Eboogzs says:
99 Euro a night. Great location.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2011
HuBison says:
bout how much was your room. I have been to Amsterdam, but would go back.
Posted on: Aug 06, 2011
grandmar grandmar
Multi-Level Hotel Jun 26, 2009
This hotel was called the Golden Tuilp when we stayed here.

Built on the foundations of the 13th -century castle Heeren van Aemstel, this hotel is on a pedestrian area called Kolkplein. It is within walking distance (for other people) of Amsterdam Central Station, and is located next to a supervised parking garage where guests can park at a discount. It is only 20 minutes from Schiphol International Airport.

All 239 air-conditioned rooms include an ensuite bath/shower, toilet and hairdryer. The rooms are installed with a worldwide direct dial telephone system, and safe with personal code. The hotel has a breakfast room, but we didn't get breakfast because it was expensive.

We were on the 5th floor, and the room was nice. It has twin beds and a mini-fridge in addition to the basket of snacks. You also need your card to operate the elevator and the electricity in the room. I was able to log onto the internet and I made a shuttle bus reservation to the airport. The hotel does not have a restaurant itself but the restaurant next door delivers.

Some people were in an adjacent building. We could look down from the room on the back alley where there was a pedestrian bridge over to that building.

The colour televisions have in-house movie channels, bill view, a system for personal messages and an information channel. We were able to find a lot of English shows with Dutch subtitles to watch on the TV. We've seen Oprah, Dr. Phil and the Cosby show - also Monk.

The next morning, my granddaughter tried to make coffee in the room. This was a problem because she put the filter and the coffee in the pot and it would erupt coffee all over everything. I found out later that she was to put the coffee in the cup, boil water and pour it in. There are no directions at all in this room (even in Dutch) for how to do things.They don't even have the number to dial on the phone for reception. However the personnel are extremely helpful when reached.

The night before we were to leave, I wanted to print out our boarding passes but I could not get the SAS website to respond with our reservation at all. So eventually I called Expedia. After 20 minutes on the phone, she said that she had put in our information on the SAS site and I should wait for 5 or 10 minutes for it to get there and try again.

When I tried again, I could check us in for the Amsterdam to Copenhagen flight, but couldn't print the boarding passes from the room. So I went down to use the terminal in the hotel. I tried and tried, but each time I would get to the place to print out the boarding pass, I could see them for a minute or so and then the terminal would kick me out close the window and send me back to the hotels main page. After two trips to the desk, one of the girls at the desk went with me and tried and it did the same to her. So it wasn't just me. She finally went into the hotel computer and printed the boarding passes out for me.
Coffee maker
Bed
Front of the hotel when it was nam…
Looking out the window

Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre Overview

The Tulip Centre Amsterdam is situated at walking distance from the Central Station, in the historical heart of the city. It is near to the shopping area of Amsterdam, together with the “Dam” and its Royal Palace.

There are 239 rooms with mixture of 6 different room types are available at the hotel. The hotel rooms are equipped with a bathroom with bathtub, shower, and toilet, hairdryer, mini bar, safe with personal code, television with pay TV, and free coffee and tea facilities. Furthermore, free wireless internet is available throughout the complete hotel.

The hotel itself was construction on the site of a castle dating back to the 13th century. The hotel offers such amenities as a sun lounge restaurant and a hotel bar lounge.

Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower