Inner Harbor

Baltimore, Maryland

Inner Harbor Baltimore Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
One of America's Oldest Seaports Jun 25, 2012
Baltimore's Inner Harbor is one of United States oldest seaports. It is a popular tourist attraction and a National Land Mark as well. I was blown away on arrival at the harbor last week. I'm not sure what I expected, but what I saw is definitely not what I expected. It felt like being at the Jema el Fina in Morocco on a full moon night when the smell of food fills the air like perfume.

So much to do, beautiful views and a nice breeze from the sea. Unlimited activities for all groups of visitors; family, individual, couples, etc. We were entertained by street performers right next to the USS Constellation. They were engaging, calling on visitors to participate in the 'hospitality of Baltimore'.

Great place to shop, eat, visit attractions, historic ships, large ships, beautiful views, rides and a lot more activities for family. I took my family to the recently opened Ripley's Believe It or Not, awesome experience!

We also toured all 4 historic ships namely; USS Submarine Torsk, USS Constellation, USCGC Taney/ Coast Guard and the lightship 116 Chesapeake.

The 9/11 Memorial on the top floor of the World Trade Center is not to be missed. From up there, the entire harbor and city of Baltimore is visible, a sight to see.

The National Aquarium seemed to be the highlight of all family visitors, we did not enter, the line was way too long for us, seeing as we had a 4 month old with us and it was hot by noon. Next time perhaps. But it comes highly recommended.

I believe I saw a Hard Rock cafe too. If you like them, there is one for you to feast at.

We were amazed at how clean the harbor is, beautiful and well maintained. We had lunch at the Cheese Cake Factory, the service and food were nothing short of outstanding! So much to see, so little time. We have planned a return trip to see some of the religious attractions around the city.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
Africancrab says:
Yes, it was quite busy at the harbor.
Posted on: Jul 02, 2012
love inner harbor
Posted on: Jun 29, 2012
joe2009 joe2009
Baltimore Inner Harbor May 12, 2011
Baltimore Inner Harbor is a great city to visit anytime of the year. One of the biggest attractions near the inner harbor is the National Aquarium. The aquarium is a great place to start your visit when in the city. Here you’ll find a vast array of water species, dolphin shows, and a tropical rainforest. In the National Aquarium you’ll something for the entire family. When is time to eat and if you’re a seafood fan, Philips on the Bay is the place a visit. There you’ll not only have a great meal, but an exceptional view to the harbor. Before your seated, you’ll be asked if you would prefer an inside or outside table. It’s recommended you take an outside seat if the weather permits. The menu consists of any type seafood you could imagine, and even includes items for the non-seafood lover. After a great meal, you should take a stroll through the Harbor place at the Gallery shopping complex. This shopping complex has a variety of high end stores, and many food court restaurants/desserts stands to choose from. Baltimore Inner Harbor is a great city to visit year round!!
Africancrab says:
We had a great time there.
Posted on: Jun 29, 2012

Related Travel Blogs About Inner Harbor

Baltimore Inner Harbor
We awoke at the crack of dawn today, got ourselves together and headed out to catch the train into Baltimore. We had plans to visit to the National Aquarium, which is on the Inner Harbor.The train …Baltimore. We had plans to visit to the National Aquarium, which is on the Inner Harbor. The train ride was nice…
Fells Point Fun
We met the next day at the Concierge lounge. The breakfast there was adequate, and I was happy enough and didn't seem to have a worry. We headed for the harbor to take a ride by ferry boat to Fells P…Inner Harbor of Baltimore. Sometimes that can be a bittersweet experience, but I enjoyed this remembrance of things past and invitation…
Baltimore's Inner Harbor
     The wife and daughter had been very tolerant of my historic sightseeing up to this point.  I guess it was time to yield to their demands and engage in some shopping. &nb…     The wife and daughter had been very tolerant of my historic sightseeing up to this point. …

Check Baltimore Hotel Deals