Inn on Biltmore Estate

Check Asheville Hotel Deals

Inn on Biltmore Estate Asheville Reviews

DAO DAO
Not Worth It Apr 02, 2017
I have to state up front that I don’t quite get this hotel. I just cannot recommend it. This is a modern, almost characterless place. It is marketed as being on the Biltmore Estate and this is where the story starts to change. For the worse. The Biltmore Estate is massive and in the beginning it had hundreds of square miles of gardens and forest. Today it is still a huge 8,000 acre expanse and this hotel is in the grounds. In fact the best feature of the hotel is the view over the mountains. Just do not expect to see or get close to the world famous Biltmore House Gardens; unless you buy a ticket. Yes, it is true. You do not get to drive around the full estate just because you paid a minimum of $269 of a room. A single room. 2 people? You may want to consult your bank manager before you make reservations. You are looking at a little over $400 for most rooms! Seriously rubbish. This is just a rip-off. The hotel is very nice, but it’s far from the Palace they are asking you to pay for.

The rooms are ok. Nothing luxurious, just nice. They do have good beds, excellent toiletries and it is absolutely quiet. Fair enough, but at this price you could stay at several luxury hotels in Asheville - twice. Possible more times. Like I said, I don’t get this place. My brother had his (3rd) wedding here and stays here a lot on business. I would rather stay at the historic and charming Grove Park Inn any day.

On the plus side, they have a bar (amazingly without any charm at all), an outdoor pool (some months), some excellent gift shops and a modern gym. You can also walk outside from the bar and see the mountain I grew up on. When I was a child I went to school with the children of one of the estate’s caretakers.

My recommendation? Stay elsewhere and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway if you want to really see the mountains and scenery. You can stop at dozens of places and go hiking or take a picnic. It just is not worth it to stay here for the money they charge. And they just keep charging. Want a guaranteed mountain view? That’s an extra $50 minimum! Want to see the Biltmore House and Gardens? Even from just the outside? Yes tickets will easily set you back more than an additional $100! Now you understand. Save your money and see the Biltmore House. Give the Biltmore Hotel a miss and save a lot of money.

DAO’s Verdict:

• Set in beautiful woodlands with NO access to, or even sight of, the Biltmore House

• Pay lots extra to see the Biltmore House and/or the mountains

• Outdoor pool and hot tub (closed completely in Winter)

• Overpriced and just not worth the price or hassle

• Stay at the Grove Park Inn
traveller142009 travelle…
Fine Dining at the Inn Dec 14, 2013
We had to make reservations in advance to eat at the Inn on Biltmore. Since, I was celebrating my "special day", thought I would splurge a little. The dining room was nicely decorated for Christmas with a blazing fireplace in the center; Unfortunately we got tucked away in a side room without much atmosphere back there. They had a three course price fixed menu for $55 but as you know by the time you add in a bottle of wine, taxes and the 20% gratuity, it does add up. I had the crab cakes as as appetizer, chicken as an entree and blueberry bread pudding for dessert. All were carefully prepared and exquisitely presented and all were very, very delicious. They also brought me out a complimentary glass of champagne for my birthday! My only gripe is that they were very stingy with the bread. They brought around the bread basket and I requested the french biscuits which they gave me two (very tiny) then took away the basket again. You'd think, with such an expensive restaurant, they would at least leave you a full basket of bread on the table!
traveller142009 says:
Yes indeed and it was delicious!
Posted on: Dec 18, 2013
jethanad says:
:) lol -but you got bread pudding !
Posted on: Dec 16, 2013