Inks Lake State Park

3630 Park Road 4 West Burnet TX 78611 , Burnett, TX, USA

Inks Lake State Park Burnett Reviews

BillOnTheGo BillOnTh…
Not the Biggest but certainly the Best State Park in Texas May 03, 2008
Up front let me admit that I'm not the biggest camper. About once a year I like to go for about 2 or 3 nights at the most. But Inks Lake State Park in the Hill Country of Texas may cause me to become a bigger camper.

The views are spectacular, the lake is usually not too busy. The trails are well maintained. There are fabulous views and gentle breezes. The park usually does fill up but for those who want a less crowded experience, head for the primitive camp sites. They are usually pretty open.
Sunset at Inks Lake
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
pretty rocks to play on Mar 14, 2005
Inks Lake State Park is a beautiful place for hiking, camping or boating. The Colorado River flows through pink granite and gneiss hills through a chain of lakes known as the Highland Lakes chain.

We stopped and hiked on the granite along the river and saw some canoers, waterfalls, and a lizard. I'm not sure if we were actually on a trail or not. We walked down to the river and climbed across on some rocks. The pink granite contrasted nicely with the green cactus plants. The rock had been smoothened by the the flowing water. Several small waterfalls and pools make up the river and it is easy to jump across the river in places.

The lake itself is good for swimming, boating, fishing, waterskiing and sunsets. It would be a beautiful place to camp, but we had to move on to keep up with our schedule.
pools in the river
looking into the Colorado River va…
standing by some canoers
pink granit dikes and cacti

Compare Bonham Hotel Rates (14km away)

Inks Lake State Park Map