Info for hostels in Croatia

Check Dubrovnik Hotel Deals

Info for hostels in Croatia Dubrovnik Reviews

tamsynj tamsynj
Jul 09, 2007
We were in Croatia at the beginning of July so it was peak season really. We didn't book the hostel in Dubrovnik and when we got there it was fully booked. There are always people offering their rooms. It normally works out much cheaper, just make sure that you take a look first and don't be afraid to say no. (Just be polite!!) We stayed with a guy who lived just down the steps from the YH (literally about 1 min from it) so we had contact with people there.

The nightlife in Dubrovnik...we found an Irish pub on our first night and got attached to it, so that was the only place we went to! We met a gorup of about 30 AMerican law students so I wouldn't worry too much! And when I was wandering around, the majority of foreign accents were American! They're used to tourists. The IRish pub was called...the Irish Pub (v original) and was pretty lively. Its where the majority of travellers go I think.

I don't know if you need info for hostels elsewhere in Croatia...we only stayed in a hostel in Zadar out of all the places we went to there, and it was full of kids. In my opinion, well, if you're on a budget anyway, the best idea is to take up the offers of a room in someone's house.

Good Luck!