Indy 500 Grill

Indianapolis International Airport, Indianapolis, IN, USA

Indy 500 Grill Indianapolis Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Outstanding Lemon Martinis and Highlights of the Indy 500 races May 08, 2011
My Travbuddy friend Joanne (Flyinhigh) and I, flew out of Indianapolis International Airport shortly after the final day of the Indianapolis Travbuddy Meet-up. We had spent the afternoon eating before heading back to my Hotel; the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. Since Joanne had an earlier flight leaving a couple of hours before mine, we left the hotel early, riding on the Marriott Hotel shuttle from the Fair field Hotel by Marriott on the east side of Indianapolis to the airport. We arrived 40 minutes fore Joanne's flight was scheduled to take off. We both checked in and got our boarding passes before deciding to sit down and catch up. Joanne and I, decided to have some Martinis at the Indy 500 Grill & Restaurant while we waited for boarding time. Our attendant was a respectful, quiet but pleasant guy who agreed to make us lemon Martinis when we asked. No sugar, was the request from the both of us, the attendant obliged us. The delicious, cold, refreshing martinis kept coming for three rounds before it was time for Joanne to go to her gate for boarding. I would definitely recommend the bar to anyone 21 and above who drinks, should you find yourself at Indianapolis' International Airport.

Indy 500 Grill is located inside Indianapolis International Airport and is the only full service restaurant within the airport. The décor of the restaurant and bar include combinations of photographs that highlight famed drivers of the Indianapolis 500s race who were featured in the past, as well as current drivers who continue to make waves on the Speedway. They have a race car right on the wall in the bar area, quite impressive to see. The red color of the car is eye catching. We did not dine, we sat at the bar and enjoyed the Martinis. It is within the civic plaza and has a gift shop right next to it. So if you forget a souvenir, you can pick up one right there.

If memory serves me right, the gift shop is a sports shop, as you can imagine, it is all about the Indianapolis 500 Race. The name is Brickyard Authentics, it has collectibles and memorabilia of most past Indy 500 races as well as the All state 400 races at Brickyard. I was tempted to purchase some items while I was there but thought twice about it as I had already purchased souvenirs at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum gift shop the day before.

A great place to stop on your way in or out of Indy.

Cuisine: American

Price: $8-13

Location: Airport atrium

Décor: Sporty

Dress code: casual (well it is at an airport, so anything goes I guess)

Joanne and I, did not eat at the restaurant, so I'm not sure how good the food is. I recommend reading other reviews on the restaurant. The bar however I, can vouch for. The bartender was incredibly pleasant and knowledgeable about drinks. He never let our glasses run out.

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can accomplish today!

Check Indianapolis Hotel Deals