Industria Brasserie Italienne

100, Montreal, Canada

Industria Brasserie Italienne Montreal Reviews

dr_sanch dr_sanch
Industria Brasserie Italienne - Good Eats Aug 16, 2014
Montreal's Griffintown area located a few streets south of the city centre is undergoing a revitalization and is slowly becoming the new "in" place to be in town. Excellent restaurants and trendy/artisan locales are popping up everywhere.

I had the pleasure of eating at a new hot-spot in town, Industria last night. Going out with a few co-workers gave me the chance to sample a few of the menu items which were all very good and reasonably priced.

Classic Italian-styled wood-oven pizzas are one of their specialities and are served on large wooden cutting boards with a pair of industrial strength scissors to chop up a few slices to share or enjoy on your own. It was reminiscent of watching my Italian grandmother make her famous home-made pizza and cutting it up in the same way - truly an authentic touch.

My favourite dish of the night were the goat-cheese and spinach filled arancini (fried balls - see pictures). Delicious. The lobster pizza I ordered was very good as well and surprisingly was topped with splashes of tzatziki sauce. The only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars is because my grilled octopus entree was mostly chopped up potatoes and not quite enough octopus. Still very good, but lacking that bang-for-your-buck factor.

The staff were welcoming and informative about the dishes and service was prompt, but laid back enough for you to enjoy your meal amongst friends without feeling rushed.

The restaurant apparently has plans to expand into a chain which I wouldn't have been a fan of unless I knew they could re-create the same menu and experience had at the original Industria. All in all a great evening and a definite dinner consideration if you somehow find yourself wandering through the streets of Griffintown.
Menu
Goat cheese and Spinach Arancini
Nice Wine Cellar
Vikram says:
I have heard Montreal has some rather fine dining but this looks really something up my sleeve. Guess I will be making that trip to Montreal sooner than I imagined ;-) Congrats on the featured review buddy! Well done!
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
dr_sanch says: