Indochina Angkor Guesthouse

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals

Indochina Angkor Guesthouse Phnom Penh Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Clean and spacious room Apr 07, 2014
This is a small guesthouse located not far from the river – the place is around 50 meter walk to the river and next to the local market with plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and other stuff in the market. The guesthouse surrounded with many flashy and expensive hotel, restaurants, bar and shops. I just turn up at this place without any reservation since it was low season in Cambodia and I was sure I can find a place to stay – it just depend of the price how much I want to pay for the night.

The receptionist is friendly but did not speak much English, however the Chinese owner speaks English very well and very friendly. I able to bargain the room price at this place. I have a private en-suite room without a window at third floor, with one double bed, air condition, hot shower, cupboard with a mirror on it (which is unusual at the budget hotel or guesthouse – and I like to have mirror in the room and not just in the bathroom). There is also small desk to put things and free 2 mineral bottles for guest, flat screen television and other amenities I need. The air condition working well and luckily the room is quite since the area is very busy with bars with loud music at night time. Please note, the stairway is very narrow and steep, and may be difficult to navigate if you have big luggage, or have walk difficulty, as no elevator at this place.

There is plenty of mosquitos in the room, however the guesthouse has a mosquito spray and it was not a problem, as I can spray the room and I can sleep well at this place since the mattress is very comfortable. The free wifi is available in the whole building which is very convenient and it was quite fast as well. It cost usd 13 per night for single person without breakfast. No restaurant at this place, however plenty of restaurant open in the morning around this area for breakfast.

The guesthouse is clean and the reception able to arrange the bus ticket if you plan to visit other cities in Cambodia or Thailand, and tuk tuk or taxi ride to airport at very reasonable price. I ordered tuk tuk to take me to airport and the tuk tuk already wait for me at the specific time and it cost usd 7 only. The driver is friendly and carry my bag from the guesthouse to the tuk tuk which was wait outside, but he did not speak English at all.

I can stay in my room until late in the afternoon without extra charge which is much appreciated. I bought mangos from the market and I able to borrow knife and plate from the reception and enjoy my mangos in my room.

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay in this place again if I come to Phnom Penh, as this place is good value for money and really clean.

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals