650 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN, USA - (317) 232-1637

Indiana State Museum Indianapolis Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Indiana's History dating back to Pre-Historic Times. May 07, 2011
I enjoyed walking around the museum as we waited for the rest of the Travbuddies to arrive. It was a rainy Saturday morning and the Indianapolis mini marathon was just coming to it's conclusion. With the roads closed and the human traffic higher than normal, the TBs arrived late. I would recommend paying the fee and seeing much of the museum, I did not do that because we were not sure if we would be leaving immediately everyone arrived. I should have done so considering we waited at least an hour.

The museum houses some of Indiana's treasures and history dating back to prehistoric times.Exhibits and the IMAX theater are highly recommended. They have a feature each week, the feature exhibit was that of Women in the Winner's Circle. The Traveling Exhibit. I also enjoyed reading information on the Exhibit of "Making Americans", great history kept intact for future generations.

Highly recommended for families, individuals, school educational trips and tourists who wish to understand the history of Indiana as well as the whole United States. I wish I had taken the hour to tour the museum more.

Admission Fees:

Adults: $7.00

Children above 4: $4.00

Senior citizens: $6.50

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can accomplish today.

Related Travel Blogs About Indiana State Museum

Day 3: The Sights, Scenes and Sneers of Indianapolis
Indianapolis is a beautiful town. It is the state capital of Indiana. Indiana was added to the Union in 1816. With a  population of 6.5 million residents, it is ranked 15th in population in the …Indianapolis Museum of Art, White River State Park,  Indiana State Museum, Religious attractions like Christ Church, and the Scottish…

Check Indianapolis Hotel Deals