Indian Visa applications, Colombo

VFS Global, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Indian Visa applications, Colombo Reviews

Sads79 Sads79
Efficient service Jan 24, 2010
Indian visas are fairly easy to apply for. In Colombo, they have outsourced the processing to the efficient VFS Global (433 Galle Road, colombo-3). It's a take a ticket and wait kind of scenario, but it helps if you have all your paperwork in order before you arrive as the guy at the door will check before he gives you a number. be sure to check the website for latest information and requirements (www.hcicolombo.org), and print off and complete your form in advance to save time. The office opens at 8am in the morning and its advisable to get there at or before that time. I arrived at about 8.10am and was 27th in the queue, which meant I got served at about 9.15am - not too bad. The actual submission proocess took about 5 minutes for me. As a foreigner, it cost me LKR5,250 (£25/$40) - all the costs are listed on the website, some vary by country of nationality. It's then about a week's wait until you can return to get the decision/pick up your visa. I decided to tour the island and pick mine up just before I left.

Check Colombo Hotel Deals