Indian City

4 New Bridge St, London, United Kingdom - 020 7353 5525

Indian City London Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Excellent food for reasonable price Mar 04, 2014
I found out about this restaurant from search engines like toptable, i cant remember exactly which website since this review is 3 months overdue.

It was my first time in London and I needed to find a restaurant for NYE dinner! So we decided on Indian City, Blackfriars. It was like a 5 minute walk from the tube station & close enough from our hotel in Blackfriars!

I had made an online reservation for the restaurant 1 month ahead from our arrival date since its peak period and I dont want to end up in a crappy place for NYE dinner. I was not sure that my reservation went through so I sent them an email & their auto (not a confirmation) reply was dated 1970? So I was bit skeptical at first. A few days before my arrival, I called the restaurant to ensure the reservation was saved since I did not actually receive a proper confirmation.

We arrived 15 minutes late as we were trying to figure out the location and there were road blocks due to the NYE countdown route. Luckily, they still accept us.

We ordered the Christmas set menu for 2 people which i find was very reasonably priced considering its London.

We had samosa, briyani rice, Naan, Chicken Tikka Masala, chutney, 2 Cobra beers & a very sweet mango desert.

The decor & ambience was nice (minus a table with 3 screaming kids but they left earlier than us, thank God!), the waiters were efficient and spoke excellent Brit English (not Indian accented English which sometimes can be quite difficult to understand in my opinion). Its a fine dining restaurant just like their website claims & true to the pictures posted in the website.

After you pay the bill, you get a little piece of chocolate :)

To conclude, I was very pleased in having picked this restaurant & it was lovely romantic (with candlelight) NYE dinner. I will definitely consider returning to this restaurant if I m in London again!
Me @ Indian City
Cobra Beer @ Indian City
Me @ Indian City (desert)

Check London Hotel Deals