India Palace Restaurant

(317) 298-0773

India Palace Restaurant Indianapolis Reviews

vulindlela vulindle…
Best Indian food in Indy! May 22, 2012
We love dining here and have always had a great experience, both with the food and with the service.

They serve lunch as a buffet style, with lots of choices.

Dinner is served off of a menu.

I usually get the tandoori chicken, chicken tikka masala, and naan.

My wife loves those items, as well as the biryani and saag.

To drink, I often have a Kingfisher beer, or a coke, or even just water.

This place is very popular at lunch and gets crowded so it is good to arrive a little early to beat the crowds.

Even with buffet style food, it has always been fresh, hot, and plentiful.

The staff is alwas wonderful and attentive.

There is plenty of parking out front.

They are located on the west side of Indianapolis and have a sister restaurant in Broad Ripple, called Shalimar.

Expect to pay about $25-$30 for two at lunch.
India Palace
My meal
Dining room
peeyushmalhotra says:
Shalimar is name of a garden in Jammu and Kashmir in India.
Posted on: Jun 21, 2012
williamsworld says:
just had Indian for lunch today. I guess I will have to write my review now.
Posted on: May 31, 2012
Dr_Seuss says:
Was right with you, up to the point of drinking water. Like a nice pint of Kingfisher with a curry, or Cobra though my favourite Indian beer is Lal Toofan.
Posted on: May 30, 2012
jenmarie77 jenmarie…
Good buffet May 14, 2011
I love to go here for lunch. I've not traveled to India (yet) so I can't speak to the authenticity of the food. But I do see diners who appear to be of Indian descent, which is a positive sign. The lunch buffet is huge, and nearly everyone can find something they enjoy. My favorites are the chicken tikka masala, mushroom saag, and saag paneer. I've actually tried to create a few of their dishes at home, with varying levels of success. The waiters can be a bit slow on refilling drinks, but otherwise are generally friendly.
NJTProadcruiser says:
The "Couch Potato" tag is for the forums, as you participate more you get different labels. But by contributing more reviews, you'll earn the 'Critic' award :D
Posted on: May 17, 2011
jenmarie77 says:
Yep, I love that place, too! Ah, saganaki. (That always sounds Japanese to me.)
Posted on: May 14, 2011
vulindlela says:
We should!
Have you ever been to Greek Islands on South Meridian?
Posted on: May 14, 2011
esterrene esterrene
India Palace: good food in Indy Metro! Aug 05, 2011
The India Palace is a great place to stop and enjoy some good food!

I went with a good friend of mine who had just recently moved to a small town West of Indianapolis. We were both craving Indian food and made the 40 mile drive in search of Indian Cuisine!

Our search brought us to the India Palace, located North West of Indianapolis. The area had a few ethnic restaurants to choose from. We were first going to compare the menu from a couple of places, but as soon as we walked in and smelled the goodness we knew that we were eating here!

It was lunch time and they just set out the buffet 20 minutes prior to our arrival. The selection was mouthwatering! There were so many delicious choices to choose from. My favorite item was the spinach pakora and mango chutney! OMG if you go here you must try it!! I made a second trip just for more pakora!

The service was great! Everyone was friendly and attentive without being overwhelming.The restaurant was clean and comfortable. At the end of the meal the waiter presented us with a frequent dinning card. 11th meal is free. sounds good to me :)

Check Indianapolis Hotel Deals