India House

Santa Fe, New Mexico

India House Santa Fe Reviews

baileybug baileybug
Best non-mexican restaurant in Santa Fe Aug 27, 2012
I heard about this place for six months, from everyone in Santa Fe. I was pretty much living paycheck to paycheck so I wasn't rushing to check out every restaurant suggestion I got. I would pass by the place every once and a while and it didn't look like much. FInally, my dad visited me and took me out to dinner. I think he wanted mexican food, but I mentioned I had ben wanting to try India House, and he did what fathers do. So we went! It was pretty chill vibes. The restaurant is run by a family and they were very friendly (I actually heard a lot about this family through local friends... apparently they have a huge house where all of the staff live together, and they are always throwing big, fancy dinner parties... and bollywood heart throb Hrithik Roshan is one of their kids godfather or something! Sorry, sidetracked!) I ordered a chai, and it was absolutely perfect. And every time my cup got low somebody was magically refilling it. I love chai, so that was an instant A plus for this place. Then we got out food, and I almost forgot about the bottomless chai. It is some of the best Indian food I have had ever. The head chef used to have a restaurant in San Francisco and it was voted best Indian food in the city three years in a row. Now, in Santa Fe, no one on this site has even reviewed his restaurant, and I am astonished! Such fantastic food. My dad had the tiniest bit of left overs which he scraped into a box (along with a second order of the dish, to go) and took home. He reconstituted, reconstructed, and stretched that curry out for the rest of his trip. It was hilarious... and a little troubling ;)

Go here!