Inca Trail

Inca Trail Reviews

charlie7486 charlie7…
Climbing the inca trail Mar 06, 2011
I completed the 3/4 day trek up the Inca Trail towards Macchu Picchu. For those who have seen pictures of this place, it is one of the most awe-inspiring man-made construction I have ever seen. Many people visit Macchu Picchu without doing the hike because there is a train which goes there. For me, only those who are phycially unable to do should take the train up because the walk up is just so beautiful and made it even more satisfying reaching the end.

For those considering the trek, only day 2 is very physically demanding as you approach dead womens pass. I do not know how many steps you have to take but there are thousands and most of day 2 is an ascending climb so you will feel the pain later that night.

Overall, doing this trail and seeing Macchu Picchu at dawn was a truly magical experience and I would recommend everyone to do it.
sunsetview sunsetvi…
Inca Trail Mar 17, 2011
Best 4 days of hiking and fantastic natureview in my life! Amazing trail with good guides, good wheather, perfect kodakmoments and a lot of memories for life.
enilac enilac
Jan 10, 2008
I've always wanted to do the Inca Trail and see Machu Picchu and when I finally had the opportunity to, I was understandably excited! I did my research, planned and pre-booked with SAS Travel and boy, was I glad I did! My 1st flight with American Airlines was delayed for 2 hours, leading us to miss all our connecting flights and them losing our luggage! Worse yet, we were delayed a full day and we didn't arrive until 11AM the morning of our first trekking day!!

SAS got my frantic email and planned everything for us. One of our guides picked us up at the Cusco airport, brought us to the market to buy a few essentials, and drove us by private taxi to the trekking start point. We immediately started hiking and met with our group that evening at the 1st campsite. All this for an additional $60 for a 2hr taxi ride only. Need I say more? SAS Travel is highly recommended for their great customer service!
Peru Map