Palmer Place, Te Puke, New Zealand
07-573 7337

Inbargo Te Puke Reviews

goezi goezi
A pint if you're desperate Jan 24, 2009
Inbargo looks like a great place from the outside. It has a few tables scattered on the footpath capturing the sun all afternoon. The doors are spread wide as a welcoming gesture and I have to say I was excited to grab a pint and take a seat. It proved to be just the thing on a pleasant summer afternoon.

Inside is a different story unfortunately. The place smells of sweaty bodies and spilled beer. It's dark and dingey, and the night I took some friends in it was filled with drunk locals who made me wonder when the pints would turn to fights.

We were there for the big screen tv showing a rugby test match. The All Blacks lost but that's not the reason I'm grumpy about Inbargo.

Each time I went up to the bar for a refill the soles of my shoes seemed to stick to the filthy carpet. This slowed me down, prolonging the feeling I had of all the regulars giving me the hairy eyeball.

Two extremes then -a nice beer outside on a sunny day, or an uncomfortable time inside on a dark evening. I suggest the daylight option.

On the weekends the tables are often filled with bikers who park their hogs on the footpath beside them. Regulars of this place seem pretty at home. Not too sure if non-regulars would.

Out the rear of the place is a garden bar. I didn't go out there to check it out but I know it's a great place for a pint and a fight. Living across the road I hear the up-roar all too regularly.
Sunny afternoon outside is the way…

Check Te Puke Hotel Deals