In the heat of Madrid

Madrid, Spain

In the heat of Madrid Reviews

Rigodon Rigodon
Jul 02, 2007
Hi Mel, Welcome to Europe.

First to all, Madrid in august is really, really hot. Prepare your sun lotion if you don´t want sunburns. You will be lucky because a lot of people will be out (On holidays). As Gonzalo said, you may visit the three museums, about the Madrid football stadium, it is rubbish (It is only a stadium!!), will be better if you could make one journey travels (To Toledo, Segovia, Ávila...), all these places are less than 2 hours far (By train), and could be a amazing experience.

The surroundings to Plaza Mayor is very typical, also the "Palacio Real" and its gardens.

Obviously, you have to be careful about pickpockets and petty thief, as any other touristic zone. Keep your mobile phones, cameras and handbags under your control.

You can go shopping to Chueca (Similar to Soho), or if you prefer you can visit the shopping centres named as "El Corte Inglés", AUGUST IS BARGAINS MONTH!!!

About the nightlife, Madrid in summer is great, a lot of terrace out of bars.

For further info. do not hesitate and send my a private email.

Related Travel Blogs About In the heat of Madrid

el arte de Madrid, my favorite city in europe. in light, in shadows and in silhouettes.
with the whiskey and beer juggling in my head, the noise from the traffic outside, the whores mockingly laughing, the heat of madrid and light coming through the window - i had not slept at all. i l…heat of madrid and light coming through the window - i had not slept at all. i looked at my clock…
off into the mountains and escaping the stiffling heat of Madrid.
would you believe that i had a good sleep?! that was almost impossible in our hostel but 4 hours of deep sleep did well enough for me. at the hostel - me, gerrit and nolwenn were already prepared an…heat is getting on as we walked to the main reception of the hostel - gave back my non-functioning key and my 10 euro deposit! yup i wanna have…
Reconnaisance mission
My 12 day recce of Madrid has passed, and I'm back in England for a couple of weeks before moving out there. The London pre-trip holiday lasted longer than anticipated. I got back to Coventry late on…Madrid. Big travel bag over my shoulder I could feel the heat before I reached the street at the top of the stairs…

Check Madrid Hotel Deals