In and around Oranjestad
In and around Oranjestad Reviews
Nov 10, 2007
1. Moomba Beach: Great beach Club. You could stay here all day! Start with a great breakfast, read your book on a beach bed, take a swim to cool off, have a tasty lunch, read and swim some more, eat a perfect dinner, and stay to enjoy the music and the great atmosphere with some chilled beers till late. (TIP: Amstel Bright is the most popular drink on the island. Tastes better at Aruba than at home, and that's not a joke...)
2. Bugaloo: On Eagle Beach, not far from Moomba Beach. This place is on a little pier so you can get there by boat. Great atmosphere, great service. Too bad I don't have any good pictures of this place, I guess I was too busy having a good time and enjoying the sunset from here (recommended!!). Say hi to Dirk!
3. Café Chaos: Normal, relaxed, laid back bar in Oranjestad. Enjoy live music, the bands that play are pretty good. Looks like many locals go here.
4. Mambo Jambo: In Oranjestad, Latin Style Reggaeton music. Lots of dancing, great atmosphere! You cannot stand still. This party place puts you in happy mood!
5. Carlos 'n Charlie's: This is the place where tourists and local people all go. Open till late. Latin music, rock music, it varies. Mainly young people. WARNING: check your change when you buy drinks! Especially when using US dollars.
6. Karma Lounge: Also in Oranjestad. Open till late. Dance/trance music. Very nice when you're in the right mood for it! It's at the Adventura Mall, could be hard to find, so ask around or let the loud music take you there.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!