In-N-Out

Los Angeles, California

In-N-Out Los Angeles Reviews

koticphreak koticphr…
Great Fast Food! Sep 21, 2008
In-N-Out is probably the best fast food burger you'll find. And to top it off, it's about the same price as all the other ones! Everything is fresh, everything is made when you order it, and everything is delicious! They also make pretty good shakes!

I think the most important thing about in-n-out is that they'll do almost anything you ask them to their burgers (within reason, of course)

Their official secret menu can be found here:

An additional secret menu with things left out of the official one, can be found here:

Personally I LOVE getting my burgers animal style!

If you're not from the west coast, or just not from the US at all, you must stop by here to know that we DO have something better than McDonald's :)
jeffy jeffy
Jun 12, 2007
I think that I'll have to step up and be the one with balls to give In-N-Out a 5-star rating, because it deserves it. To put it simply, nothing compares to In-N-Out because no other "fast-food" restaurant is at the same level as In-N-Out. In fact , In-N-Out is the only fast food restaurant on the planet that doesn't really qualify as fast food in my mind. All of the ingredients are fresh, nothing is frozen (I guess with the exception of their terrific milkshakes!), and everything is made on the spot. As a result, the food is always consistent and delicious.

As already mentioned, the restaurants also retain their retro image and vibe, whether it's the uniforms of their employees, the look of the restaurant, the limited menu options, the t-shirts, etc. Yet, it doesn't seem tacky at all somehow, mostly since the comapny's roots go back to when they opened the first drive-thru restaurant back in the late 1940's in Southern California. They never "went retro," they simply kept the smae design elements that they've always had. Another thing about the employees, for that matter, is the extraordinarily high attention to courtesy, customer service, and simple likability.

A typical visit for me is two Double-Doubles, a Cheeseburger, a chocolate shake, and the most gratifying sense of gluttony on the planet.
nnddmm says:
here here! somebody needs to send me some in and out here in italy....
Posted on: Jul 07, 2007
pinchora says:
Oh my gosh...I went here in Palm Springs and the burgers were big and had lots of toppings...they were amazing...there is nothing like in on the east coast!!!
Posted on: Jul 06, 2007
jeffy says:
What is this mythical 'animal style' you speak of? (sarcasm)
Posted on: Jul 04, 2007
jwilsonwsu jwilsonw…
Jun 26, 2007
Well like jeffy, I too will have to give In-N-Out a five star rating. Every time I visit California, I look forward to visiting In-N-Out more than anything. When I lived in California, I remember going there as often as possible. Now living away from In-N-Out, it makes life hard. But In-N-Out has some of the best burgers around, and the mixture with thousand island dressing makes it so much better. The fries are too die for, something about them, I could eat them everyday.

Every time I visit one, it is always pack and it is always hard to get a seat. This shows just how popular this restaurant has become. There milkshakes are delicious and super thick. Nothing ever feels like it was frozen, and everything seems fresh.

My order of choice: Two double-double, two fries and a chocolate milkshake.
Eric Eric
Jun 26, 2007
If you're visiting California or the USA for the first time and want some fast, decent food then check out In-and-Out. It's basically the best fast-food burger you are going to find, and way way better than McDonald's, Wendy's, or any of our other chains. The ingredients are much fresher and the burger is just a whole lot tastier. We must have some insanely voracious TravBuddies, because I can barely finish one double double and fries. It's a ton of food and a relative bargain.

There are lots of these along the sides of the roads and highways, so it's a good place to make a pit stop. I almost always stop at an In-and-Out when driving up and down California, either along Highway 5 or Highway 101.
koticphreak says:
White Castle is truly a novelty, But can't say its even in the same category as in-n-out.
Posted on: Sep 21, 2008
vulindlela says:
Actually, Steak and Shake is the closest thing to In and Out that we have back East.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2007
vulindlela says:
White Castle does not hold a candle to In and Out. It is good though in a strange way.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2007
jcwil77 jcwil77
Jun 12, 2007
I grew up in Los Angeles and going to In-N-Out was one of my favorites growing up. Now I live in Oklahoma City and whenever I go back to LA for a visit, I always stop at INO for a Double-Double, fries and a shake. Bad for you? Absolutely! Worth it? Totally! I love the 50s-era feel of the restaurants and the t-shirts are great to wear around when you're back home and people ask you what INO is.

Definitely a quick, tasty and cheap meal for you to enjoy if and when you're ever in the Southland.
vances says:
When we took our son to Las Vegas to celebrate his 21st b-day, a visit to In-N-Out was at the top of his list for things to do, lol! Absence makes the heart grow fonder???
Posted on: Jun 16, 2007