Imperio Inca

723 W 21st Street, Norfolk, VA, USA - (757) 486-4622

Imperio Inca Norfolk Reviews

mistyleatherneck mistylea…
Amazing, Fresh South American Food in Norfolk, VA May 13, 2010
OOOOhhhh my goodness, if you come to Norfolk, VA you must eat at Imperio Inca. The Staff at the restaurant are from Peru and really know how to make you feel like you are on a vacation in Peruvian restaurant!

My Borriquo amigo Jorge told me this restaurant has been in business for two years at least. How come I didn't know about it!!!

He said the ceviche was fresh and delicious. I am very skeptical about ceviche because fresh is right out of the ocean like I had in Ecuador a few years ago.

The server gave us our menus to look at and right away I was amazed that this menu looked like nothing I have ever seen before here in the United States. It was in Spanish but with the menu items translated. She started us out with corn nuts lightly salted and a green hot chili sauce. Of course the traditional antiuchos de corazon ( beef hearts) was on the menu, which I had heard about but not in the mood for on this particular night.

Tostones (fried green plantains) mi amigo raved about too but David even though from Mexico had never heard of these. David eats Platanos but under a different name he wasn't sure it was one in the same. We got tostones, We got calamari, I couldn't resist the maduros (sweet fried plantains) which obviously I would compare to the ones I had in Ecuador. My eyes were full of delight with every morsel I ate. These were just the appetizers.

Then the meals came out. I got the ceviche de camarone (shrimp ceviche) I was not absolutely sure about the cevice de pescado which here at Imperio Inca is trout. The marinate was spicy and full of lime, lemon and lots of cilantro!!! Jorge got the ceviche de pescado and insisted I try it. It was soo delicious and fresh and the citrus marinade had the right amount of spice, cilantro and onions to fill your mouth with soo much flavor! I now know I will order it the next time I go. They also have a ceviche mixto which has 5 different fish but is for two people.

Of course the boiled sweet potato on the plate added a nice touch. I love baked sweet potato but the way these were presented in the boiled state and tasted just made my mouth water for more! The plate looked sooo appetizing that I cleaned every morsel off the plate!

David had the Arroz con Pollo which was a safe bet for him since he is from Mexico and is picky about other latin food. He loved his meal as much as Jorge and I love our meal!

Jorge insisted we have the pastel de tres leches for desert. What a great choice. It surely finished off the meal with a sweet touch.

I must say I will bring my family here from now on when they come to visit me. It is in downtown Norfolk, but worth the drive. We got a photo of us in front of their Peruvian Flag and when it is developed I will add it to this review. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who is anyone who likes South American Food.
David, me and Jorge in front of th…
Imperio Inca with Dad and Suzanne …
Dad, David and I in front of the P…

Check Norfolk Hotel Deals