Imperial Palace Hotel & Casino

Imperial Palace Hotel & Casino Rates and Deals

Imperial Palace Hotel & Casino Las Vegas Reviews

Cristine27 Cristine…
Imperial Palace or The Quad Resort & Casino Dec 04, 2013
For me, this hotel is cheap/affordable. Imperial/Quad hotel is situated in a good location. Just near The Venetian, Harrah's & Flamingo. The bed is okay and the bathroom is okay too. The staff are friendly. The food at the hotel's restaurant is good but it's not that cheap. Our problem was the hotel parking (when it rains) and the internet connection (only one device per room). All in all this is an OK hotel. Just bring slippers because the carpet looks a little dirty.

You guys enjoy Vegas.
Las Vegas 2013
Cristine27 says:
Wow! It is still good up to now, they said they are renovating.:=))
Posted on: Dec 05, 2013
Hummingbird says:
It was opened in 1959 originally! Surprised it is still there! :)
Posted on: Dec 04, 2013
Cristine27 says:
Wow! Really? I didn't know that. :=))
Posted on: Dec 03, 2013
PiercedKiss08 PiercedK…
Good price, for a so-so hotel Nov 07, 2012
The 3rd time I went to Las Vegas, The IP is the hotel we stayed at. I was not impressed by the hotels, and the confusing towers.

The flooring near the little arcade area, and near the mono rail was worn in. We even seen duct tape on the carpet.

One of the things I was not impressed with was when I opened my hotel room balcony door, it over-looked the creepy back alley that we had to walk through to get to the lobby area.. and the dog walking area. Which is where the dogs bark, and pee/poop.
Africancrab Africanc…
Less than what is expected for a Las Vegas Strip Hotel Feb 04, 2011
Let me start by saying that I was VERY disappointed by this Hotel. That having been said, it was a good price for the Superbowl weekend. It is one of those hotels that I can mark as "Been there, done that". As many have already read from my blog, I was in Las Vegas over the Superbowl weekend. It was also the weekend of the Travbuddy reunion Meet-up. As always, last minute deals do me much justice when it comes to price. I got the price I wanted, but not the accommodation I wanted. I should have gone with my gut feeling at the time of booking. Initially I had booked the Stratosphere, but Travel zoo sent me a list of Las Vegas hotels on sale over the weekend. The list included Imperial Palace, Stratosphere, circus-Circus and Flamingo. All in the price range of $52 - 70/ night.

Two weeks prior, I had stayed at the Circus-Circus, so I wanted something else. I narrowed it down to two: Stratosphere and Imperial Palace. I called Mark at work to ask which hotel he preferred; 'Oriental Palace' he responded. Well he meant Imperial Palace. I called the Stratosphere and released my booking and purchased the Imperial Palace rooms for $67/night. The decision was made based on the fact that it was within a walking distance to the PBR Rock Bar & Grill where the pre Meet-up was scheduled to take place. The location is great, right on the strip.

Check in at the hotel when we arrived was something like I had never seen in all my years of travel. The queue went all the way to the entrance. It took us an hour to check in. I guess it was the price, and the fact that it was Superbowl. I caution anyone going to Las Vegas over Superbowl, it is crazy.

Well the wait to check in was made bearable by the drinks we had while waiting. Most everyone was having a drink. Mark bought a beer and I had a rum and cola. An hour and 15 minutes later we were in our room. The room was as basic as a Motel 6 (to be honest, more basic than most of the Motel 6's I used in the last year). On a positive side, it was clean, very clean.

More on the down side, the bed was a little uncomfortable and the AC/ heater was rather noisy. In comparison to the Circus-Circus room for which I had payed less 2 weeks earlier, I felt cheated. But I let it go and managed to have a semi decent sleep until about 5:00 am, when our next door occupants started running their shower, and then I was up.

The WiFi is not free. But even the paid version was really difficult to get as the process to get signed on was so much complicated. It is amazing in this day and age, for someone as conversant with computers as I'm to fail to log on to the web from a hotel room. I asked Mark to try thinking perhaps, I, was missing something. He could not either, we finally agreed to let it go. We decided we would go to Starbucks and get online from there. With 2 cups of coffee and a tea for Desire, we managed to get online from Starbucks.

On a more positive note: The price was good, the location great, service okay, and the rooms are clean. I believe an upgrade to a deluxe may offer something better.
morenie morenie
best location on the vegas strip May 22, 2011
This hotel was the best location . everything is in walking distance so no cab fares...Saved alot on meals as the food court and live outdoor music is 2 blocks......not a fancy place but affordable on the strip with a bathtub and a great swimming pool........
b4ugo b4ugo
Friends wedding in Las Vegas Jul 09, 2011
Just spent 4th of July weekend in Vegas. I was at the Imperial Palace hotel. Loved it. It was a little difficult to nav the lobby area because there are like 5 different towers where rooms are located. Directly in front of it is one of the hottest clubs/bars on the strip. Every nite it was pack. Think it was called Rock house. Was a little small but it was 4th of July weekend. People where all over the place lol
Chrissie12 Chrissie…
Affordable & comfortable May 29, 2011
I was on a bus Tour in 2009 and we stayed here in Las Vegas,

It is situated in thee middle of thee strip, so its easy to get your bearings from.

The room i stayed in was spacious and very clean it is a fairly old building but theat gave it its charm i theink.

It still amazes me theat thee casino down stairs is loud & noisy and is open all night, but thee rooms are very quite and you cannot hear anytheing from down stairs.

the food in the restaurants was affordable and enjoyable.
Wishin2Travel Wishin2T…
Very Affordable! May 29, 2009
My first time in Vegas I stayed at the Imperial Palace. I got a great deal. 5 nights for under $300. The location was perfect. I couldn't have asked for any better. The rooms were fine, nothing fancy at all. They were clean and everything was in working order. They definitely could use more lighting in the room though. The restaurants were decent, again, nothing fancy or to die for. The pool was a little lacking but it did it's job. Overall my stay was excellent. Everyone was so nice and the Dealertainers were so much fun. My favorite was Freddy Mercury. Rhianna was also a lot of fun. Never saw the car museum they had there. Didn't interest me much. The casino was a little on the smaller side for strip hotels, but it is older.
SaintBD says:
When in Vegas, affordability is important. There is so many other things to spend your money on!! After all you only need a clean room with clean sheets to sleep. You will spend rest of your time outside anyway.
Posted on: Oct 11, 2011
waldner24 waldner24
Imperial a nice place to sleep while in Vegas. Apr 30, 2009
This past week me and a buddy flew to Las Vegas for a week and stayed at the Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino. The trip was awesome but 1 week is more than enough to stay in Vegas at 1 time.

First off, when we arrived I had never been to Vegas before so I didn't know what to expect. When we got off the plane I called the hotel to ask if there was a shuttle heading to the hotel, they told me there was but it was 7 dollars per person, thinking this was a bad deal I choose to get a cab since it was only a few miles away. Wrong choice there, the cab got stuck in late night traffic and was over 25 dollars. Shuttle service is the way to go here, we choose to use it on the way back and was well worth it.

As we arrived at the hotel I was first amazed by the strip but than was brought back to life with the wait to check inn. We arrived at around 8, although I think in Vegas every hour is a peak hour, and took about 45 minutes to check in since they only had 2 people working and about 20 people checking in. Once we checked in though we headed up to the room to drop off our bags and head back down.

The rooms were exactly what I expected, which is a basic hotel room nothing flashy but a place to sleep with a tv for downtime. The one thing that did catch my eye was there was a balcony outside of our room, the only problem was you had to climb through the window to get out there and then it was only 3 feet wide by 10 feet long. Not sure if this is meant to be used but since my buddy smoked he stayed out there instead of smoking in the room.

Heading down to the casino we ran into the only thing I had a problem with all week and that was the elevators. It took forever for the elevators to get anywhere. We decided to take the stairs since we were only on the 10th floor but as we headed back up that same night we found that the doors are locked on one side so you can't use the stairs to come up to your room which sucked since we than had to walk all the way back down and take the elevator back up. So all week we would walk down the stairs than take the elevator back up when we were ready to go to the room. In the hotel they do have a pool area which was nice but I was more about walking the strip than hanging around the pool.

The Casino was pretty cool, they have a section dedicated to dealers who dress up as their favorites singers and every once in a while they would get up on stage and sing for all the people playing and watching which was pretty cool. My buddy is a huge poker fan and his comment was "if your looking for a nice poker room, the imperial is not that place. They only had about 4 or 5 tables and usually only 2 were full so go next door to Ceaser's or the Flamingo and play."

The best thing I liked about the Imperial though was the location. It is smack dab in the middle of everything. Ceaser's, Flamingo, Mirage, Treasure Island, Belgio, Venetian, Bally's, and many more are all right with a block or 2 off the Imperial so you can easily walk and see some of the best hotels around the area without having to stay in them. Also in the back of the Imperial is the Monorail which can take you anywhere you want to go on the strip for a reasonable price, alot better than taking cabs in Vegas. Also if you are into the nightclub scene, there is the Rockhouse which is right in front of the entrance too the casino, we never went in there as we were to busy spending our money elsewhere but it seemed there was always a party going on in there.

The whole trip we were there the people of the Imperial treated us really well and I had no complaints about any of the staff and the rooms were pretty decent and for $60 dollars a night you can't beat that. I fully intend to stay there again when I go back.
StinaBear StinaBear
Ok Price Bad Place Sep 10, 2009
My first time in Las Vegas and this hotel made me NOT want to go back. The whole atmosphere was differnt from what I had expected and experianced at other hotel/casinos. The turn down service was worse then some of the Best Western Hotels that I've staied at. they do not offer a full lay out of the hotel ie pools and dining areas that is clear enough to find sober let alone after you've been on the strip all night. One of the few good things is that there was a Denny's VERY close and the Shops in the Shops at the Venetian were only two blocks away. Over all I was not impressed and I'm not staying there again.
bcbusdriver bcbusdri…
Basic hotel in the middle of the Strip May 17, 2009
It is not the worst hotel I have stayed in but.... Lets start with the good stuff.

It was cheap for a full service hotel. The location was also right in the middle of the Strip so going any place in Vegas was made easy. There is even a monorail station at the back of the hotel.

The rooms are basic but clean. Been a very long time a saw such a small cheap tv in a hotel. Other people have written about the elevators and I can say it is weird how there was 5 lifts near my room but I always seemed to have to wait a long time.

Try not to check in late here as the lines can be huge and slow. However the workers are helpful and always friendly. Too bad it took 4 days for them to replace a light bulb in one of my lights.
justaguy justaguy
Imperial 'Palace' maybe not, but still a gem. Oct 15, 2008
Just back from our 4th visit to Las Vegas and the 4th time to the Imperial Palace (Oct 2008). I will say straight away that this place is worn, the d├ęcor, the fixtures and fittings, all worn, but not worn out as some may suggest.

If you want glitz and glamour, then take your pick of the more illustrious establishments close by to the Imperial, Venetian, Palazzo, Caesars Palace, Bellagio, all have the panache lacking in the Imperial.

What the Imperial does have is a decent, clean, reasonably priced, for us anyway, establishment, right in the heart of the Strip. It also has a certain charm, having being 4 times its like coming home for us. The rooms are fine, cleaned everyday with clean towels left everyday as well.

Can't say we've had trouble with the lifts, but it can get crowded in the main lift area sometimes. We have faced the front, the back and the swimming pool varying from the 10th to the 16th floor.

We have experienced both quick and slow check ins, it seems to be pot luck as to whether you get served straight away or you have to join a long winding queue, just a matter of when you actually arrive.

We have eaten at the Emperors Buffet, and like the rest of the place, its decent fare for a decent price. Breakfast was fine, but I wasn't too keen on the evening buffet, but the choice of other places to eat is overwhelming.

Then there is a little place called Betty's Diner, a gem for me, a cafe, that's all, a cafe. But a place with character, juke box, internet if you want, old fashioned maybe but I loved it. Just for a light snack and a non alcoholic drink. I'm English, so the high tea was most welcome.

There are bars where you can watch the action in the casino or play video poker, you can also see the Dealertainers. A kind of karaoke if you like where the men and women who deal at the tables, then get up on a small stage and imitate pop stars of today and yesterday. They dress up for the part and they do actually sing, although I have found that one or two now seem to mime. They sing one song then go back to dealing the cards.

We have seen the likes of Michael Jackson, Tony Orlando, Alice Cooper and of course, Elvis. Late at night the atmosphere is electric as some people dance and sing along to the acts, great stuff. Whilst in the casino you can set up a safety deposit box so that you can leave all the stuff you would rather not carry around with you. It doesn't cost a cent and takes about 10 minutes to set up.

And if you like cars then you are in for a treat, for on the 5th floor of this hotel is the Auto Museum. A huge floor space dedicated to cars, motor accessories, even kids cars, and everyone one of the items has a price tag. Some are mind boggling and run into millions, yes millions of dollars, worth 2hrs, at least, of anyone's time.

The pool area is just that, a pool area, we have seen some other hotel pool areas and they are mini oasis, complete with lavish fixtures and fittings.

Not the Imperial, its a place to lay in the sun, swim in the pool and just relax. But boy does it get hot during September/October when we have been.

Because the pool area is surrounded by 3 sides of the building its like a sun trap, far too hot for this guy, so only short stays in the shade for me, so when the shade goes, so do I. Free towels on entry, to be placed in the wash basket on exit, sorted.

There are places that we still haven't tried in the Imperial, the many restaurants for a start, so no comment on those from me. Gambling is not really my strong point, I lost, so I can take it or leave it.

But I can say that this place is a basic, clean, from what we have experienced, decent priced, unglamorous, fantastic location type hotel that is not worth a visit, if all you want is a base to stay whilst in Las Vegas. It is in easy walking distance to all the places that all the other people rave about with their fancy surroundings.

The Imperial is there, right along side of them but at a much lower cost. Have a nice day.
cari cari
Jul 21, 2006
Imperial Palace is the best value in Vegas, the city where they only safe machine to put your money in is an ATM. The prices are excellent for the location - $50/night weekdays, $100/night on weekends, and right in the center of the strip. IP is right across the street from Caesar's Palace and the Mirage, so you're walking distance from classier digs if you feel like taking a stroll and checking them out. Cab fare can slowly drain you, so being near to other casinos than your own is actually a pretty nice advantage.The place itself falls just short of charming. It has none of the breathtaking decorations or Disneyland-for-adults feeling of some of the larger casinos - I'm thinking of Luxor, Bellagio, the Venetian - but it does hold its own. There are plenty of places to eat, a sizeable casino, a car museum, and their very own Dealertainers. Dealertainers are just what the name implies - game table dealers who dress up like celebrities and do surprisingly good impressions during their periodic karaoke sessions. It's just about the only thing to see on the lobby floor, but it is worth a look.In terms of value for location, IP wins hands-down. But if you're looking to splurge on a Vegas vacation, this might not be the place.
The view from the 13th floor.
world-traveller123 world-tr…
Las Vegas In a Classic Form Aug 04, 2006
I stayed at Imperial Palace in August of 2006. This hotel has been reviewed many times. Even though so many people go to Las Vegas I will still give you a review of this hotel.

It is located in the middle of the strip, so you are close to good areas. Many good casinos are all within walking distance. The monorail station is located at the back of this hotel.

Checking in was very fast and its right in the casino but not far from entrance. Rooms were basic, but big and clean. Beds were very comfortable and big. Service at the hotel, by staff were all friendly.

In the casino, you can find a better one elsewhere, but the Dealertainers were very entertaining and quite real. The guy who did Tobey Keith and Elvis was totally amazing. Something you have to see in the casino.

The only problems I found with this hotel, were the elevators were very slow. You would wait for a long time to get an elevator. AS well the pool area was ok, not bad, nothing special.

If you were sitting in the shade in pool area, I found it to be very cold for some strange reason.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this as a good place to stay.
Imperial Palace
peterbarkley peterbar…
Aug 02, 2006
The Imperial Palace was not as poor as reviews I read before coming made it out to be. Many people mentioned problems with the elevators - I only had problems during the high traffic times (like the half hour prior to checkout). The first night my room was facing the Harrah's outdoor bar, and they played music until 3 AM, but they were willing to move my room to a quieter location. The room itself was nice - it was clean and smelled fine. The bathroom showed some signs of wear, but I was happy with it.I read a warning beforehand and forgot, but I do advise everyone to watch out for the timeshare ladies right by the rear elevators - they will snag you and hawk you their wares.
X_Drive says:
What a unique name you gave them "timeshare ladies", (smile) I hadn't heard that one before.
Posted on: Aug 06, 2006

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower