Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel

P.O.Box 90, Entebbe, Uganda
Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel - Lobby
Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel - This is a bird's nest! I could sleep in there for crying out loud!
Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel - Even though it's right on the Lake, there is a sign prohibiting you from swimming. Plus the water looks a bit nasty.
Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel - One of the goats
Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel - Lobby
Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel - This is the bird (if you can see it) who is responsible for building that huge nest!
Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel - Despite the sign, I saw no monkeys

Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel Rates and Deals

Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel Entebbe Reviews

pav79 pav79
Lovely propertly on Lake Victoria Feb 13, 2012
The Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel in Entebbe, Uganda, was a great overnight stay. Though not very close to much in terms of walking distance, the hotel will call a taxi for you. Or, if you're a bit more risky than most, you can walk a short distance to the end of the road on hop on the back of a scooter taxi. They're not the same type of scooter you see trolloping around most destinations, but a little bit more robust. Though I have listed this review as an expensive cost, in general, the hotels in the area are a little more pricey. I'm guessing because of the proximity to Lake Victory and the fact that Entebbe seems to be a jumping ground for various wildlife enthusiasts. Most of the guests were Europeans dressed as if they were about to go trekking through the jungles in search of silverbacks. Since I didn't have as much time, I simply took a stroll through the grounds looking for monkeys. There were plenty of signs saying not to feed or play with them, so I figured I would run into one, though I never did. I did happen to see 4 goats and 2 monitor lizards though.

The bathrooms at this place are amazing. It's basically three different rooms right inside your bathroom! One room for the toilet, one for the shower (with multiple heads), and one for the bathtub. Had I more time, I believe a bubble bath would have been taken. The beds were stiffer than most in the US, but compared equally to the ones I've slept on in Europe. The Imperial also has another hotel right up the road which I'm sure is very similar, but may or may not be located on a golf course.

There is a free breakfast with sausage, hard boiled eggs, and lots of fruit and juice. The pool was huge and housed in its own building. It wasn't very crowded though, but I'd imagine it would be a nice place to hang out when the weather is a little warmer or in a more popular season.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this to someone who is staying in Entebbe for the night, though because it isn't within walking distance to much, if you were to stay here for much longer, you might find the transportation fees to be a turn-off.
Despite the sign, I saw no monkeys
One of the goats
Even though it's right on the Lake…
This is a bird's nest! I could sle…
sylviandavid says:
Congratulations on being the featured review. Very interesting place..
Posted on: Feb 19, 2012