Images of Guatemala - Nov 13th - Dec 6th 2012

Images of Guatemala - Nov 13th - Dec 6th 2012 Reviews

rsvpme rsvpme
Simple Images of a very Complex but Beautiful Country Sep 21, 2013
Over the past two years ,I have been living or visiting in Guatemala almost as much as Canada. The diversity of this beautiful country has continued to grow upon me and impress me deeply. I suppose it is now like an adopted home. It hold me close and gives me strength.

The country with its deep, powerful Mayan roots,; the intensity and honesty of the Mayan people, once they know you is very rewarding. As time went by I made friends, and then real friends. That in itself has been very rewarding. The diversity in geography continues to stroke my senses.

I have walked, observed and photographed the Lake Atitlan region.Thos part of Guatemala is magical.

I have traveled through the mountain passes ; gone to and visited small villages. Every experience has opened my eyes wider. I have traveled across the beautiful countryside. I have written reviews and observations. I have tasted and eaten their healthy foods. I have eaten again and again and found the food to be of highest quality. I am ashamed of some of the bad food we consume in North America. I have realized that 24-7 is NOT a way of life it is a sickness.

The lack of education of the general population has been exceeded by a smiling willingness to be friendly. Overall they have shown me respect, which has been truly appreciated.

My reviews have been focused on places and events,but none on the country as a place. As a simple destination.

This trip my respect for this country and its people has increased dramatically.I think, after many years, I have begun to understand this land.

I do hope these random pictures with notes , illustrate my observations. Perhaps they will create in other traveler, the desire to visit this beautiful country.
Young man and father sigh…
The preoccupation of youth, to loo…
A combination of transportation st…
The family sits on the curb.. obli…
rsvpme says:
Namy....I have not words..except Thank You.....those are beautiful statements.
Posted on: Jan 09, 2014
namyrashid5526 says:
your post actually made me cried. it is similar to what I feel in Bali, Indonesia. but Bali isnt as the same as 50 years ago anymore I guess. because tourism is the main focus and investors are everywhere. mega projects, supermalls and things like that. locals are upset. they even call Bali the island of "land for sale". thank you for writing about Guatemala. I never read about it except for Mayan since I'm very interested in ancient times. and I'm quite surprised really, they even look like us, people in south east asia. thank you. now its on my dream destination as well.
Posted on: Jan 09, 2014
rsvpme says:
Bill.....Thank you..I appreciate that comment. A few years ago, after a severe, traumatic illness..I realized I saw life and people differently.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2013