TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 671,518 travelers just like you!

Ils1976
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Ils
Hometown: Olen, Belgium
Location: Olen, Belgium
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Contributions: Ils1976 has written about 179 places, shared 7,968 photos, left 20,749 comments, and smiled 53,589 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Gdansk, Poland
Aug 24, 2017 – Aug 28, 2017
can't wait to discover my first city in this more than interesting country
Borneo, Malaysia
dream destination
I really want to see those cute orangutans!
Sicily, Italy
dream destination
After seeing TB Vlindekes pictures, how can I not go there!!! :)
» see all 11 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Dutch, English, German, a little bit of French
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
* being an exchange student in Finland and travelling through the country
* meeting Mr. Santa in Rovaniemi
* nighttrain from St. Petersburg to Moscow
* in search for "elephants" in the Thai jungle and getting lost in the process
* Seeing the Piramids for the first time
* the colors of Bryce National Park - BEAUTIFUL!
* Las Vegas, once you've been there you will never forget it
* standing on top of a skislope surrounded by nothing else but beautiful mountains
* Tibetan nature and the friendliness of the people
* first TB meet-up in Amsterdam
* climbing the Moses Mountain, a once in a lifetime experience!
* Shanghai metro --> not for the fainted hearted!
* Australia : friendly people, awesome landscapes and amazing wildlife ... the whole package!
* Galapagos Islands --> an outdoor zoo with more than many amazing animals, birds and plant life!
* the underwater world of the Maldives, is there anything more beautiful??
Profile
When it comes to travelling, I must say that I am a "late bloomer". The first time I ever travelled was at the age of 16 years, but since than I am hooked ... I can say that I am a little bit addicted ... but than again, I think it is the best addiction there is! :-)

My one and only dream is to see the entire world ... so every time I visit a certain place, a little bit of my dream is coming true!
cotton_foam says:
Ils, thank you so much for the new smiles and comments on my "old" blog! :) I appreciate it.

Planning for the next trip is quite challenging. Scouting for lodgings within in our shoe-string budget is the most challenging. Oh well...we'll see how it goes.

Oh btw, I finished reading your blogs for Sri Lanka & Maldives trips! The photos in Maldives are just super inviting! Maldives is indeed a paradise in the real sense!

Ok, till next call via this medium my friend! ~ May
Posted on: May 22, 2017
shavy says:
Thanks
Posted on: May 21, 2017
vixen2306 says:
Thank you Ils.
Waited a long while to get the next Critic upgrade. And I'm finally getting out of the woods with my reviews.
Enjoy your Gdansk visit :)
Posted on: May 21, 2017

Ils1976's Travel Blogs

Dec 04, 2016 – Dec 20, 2016
Just out of the blue, me and my best friend decided this country would be the best place to outrun the daily hassle of life and…
Overview 13,071 words 406 229 1,029
This blog was featured on Thursday March 23rd, 2017
Jul 05, 2016 – Jul 09, 2016
De region Spessart which is located in the states of Bavaria and Hesse is very much known for its woods and loads of it … so …
Overview 6,381 words 116 53 316
This blog was featured on Monday May 1st, 2017
Nov 23, 2015 – Dec 11, 2015
This 18-day trip towards South America was once again such an amazing experience and made sure my love for this part of the wor…
Overview 22,504 words 504 620 2,061
This blog was featured on Tuesday February 9th, 2016

Ils1976's Travel Reviews

Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Lommel, Belgium
This German military cemetery which is located just outside the beautiful town of Lommel, in the…
This review was featured on Monday October 3rd, 2016
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Zierikzee, Netherlands
Till this day, this incredible long bridge is still the largest one of the country, this being t…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Sint-Amandsberg, Belgium
For some strange reason I must confess that I rather enjoy walking on a cemetery, unlike most pe…
Updated 2 days ago