TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,002 travelers just like you!

Ils1976
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Ils
Hometown: Olen, Belgium
Location: Olen, Belgium
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Contributions: Ils1976 has written about 184 places, shared 8,106 photos, left 22,038 comments, and smiled 57,027 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
South Africa
Nov 3, 2017 – Nov 7, 2017
yearly trip with my best travbuddy ... can't wait to explore this country only if it is but for a few days
Namibia
Nov 7, 2017 – Nov 19, 2017
yearly trip with my best travbuddy ... looking forward to seeing the beauty of this more than interesting country
Borneo, Malaysia
dream destination
I really want to see those cute orangutans!
» see all 12 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Dutch, English, German, a little bit of French
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
* being an exchange student in Finland and travelling through the country
* meeting Mr. Santa in Rovaniemi
* nighttrain from St. Petersburg to Moscow
* in search for "elephants" in the Thai jungle and getting lost in the process
* Seeing the Piramids for the first time
* the colors of Bryce National Park - BEAUTIFUL!
* Las Vegas, once you've been there you will never forget it
* standing on top of a skislope surrounded by nothing else but beautiful mountains
* Tibetan nature and the friendliness of the people
* first TB meet-up in Amsterdam
* climbing the Moses Mountain, a once in a lifetime experience!
* Shanghai metro --> not for the fainted hearted!
* Australia : friendly people, awesome landscapes and amazing wildlife ... the whole package!
* Galapagos Islands --> an outdoor zoo with more than many amazing animals, birds and plant life!
* the underwater world of the Maldives, is there anything more beautiful??
Profile
When it comes to travelling, I must say that I am a "late bloomer". The first time I ever travelled was at the age of 16 years, but since than I am hooked ... I can say that I am a little bit addicted ... but than again, I think it is the best addiction there is! :-)

My one and only dream is to see the entire world ... so every time I visit a certain place, a little bit of my dream is coming true!
hanleyscot says:
Hi Ils! I am alive and well. My house and I survived the hurricane! It delayed the closing on my house by an extra week but if that's the worst thing that happened...I can live with that! The storm did quite a bit of damage to Florida but luckily by the time it got to us it lost most of its strength. Still there were winds over 100 mph. There were numerous trees down in my neighborhood and most everyone lost electricity for the week but my street got really lucky...no issues for us. Now I'm in Ohio with my parents. Been here for a few weeks. Probably leaving next week for the northeast. Time for the adventure to begin!
Posted on: Oct 12, 2017
you welcome Ils:)
Posted on: Sep 20, 2017

Ils1976's Travel Blogs

Jul 15, 2017 – Jul 19, 2017
with just a few days off from work, I took the opportunity to visit a country I love so much and not only because of the food, …
Overview 3,666 words 98 139 494
This blog was featured on Tuesday August 22nd, 2017
Dec 04, 2016 – Dec 20, 2016
Just out of the blue, me and my best friend decided this country would be the best place to outrun the daily hassle of life and…
Overview 13,071 words 406 244 1,122
This blog was featured on Thursday March 23rd, 2017
Jul 05, 2016 – Jul 09, 2016
De region Spessart which is located in the states of Bavaria and Hesse is very much known for its woods and loads of it … so …
Overview 6,381 words 116 71 385
This blog was featured on Monday May 1st, 2017

Ils1976's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Lisse, Netherlands
Keukenhof might be unknown for the most of us living outside of the Netherlands, but somehow mor…
This review was featured on Sunday July 23rd, 2017
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Paderborn, Germany
On a hot summers day or evening this is more than sure the place to be for every ice cream lover…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Lommel, Belgium
This German military cemetery which is located just outside the beautiful town of Lommel, in the…
This review was featured on Monday October 3rd, 2016