TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 667,145 travelers just like you!

Ils1976
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Ils
Hometown: Olen, Belgium
Location: Olen, Belgium
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Contributions: Ils1976 has written about 174 places, shared 7,852 photos, left 20,079 comments, and smiled 51,702 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Borneo, Malaysia
dream destination
I really want to see those cute orangutans!
Sicily, Italy
dream destination
After seeing TB Vlindekes pictures, how can I not go there!!! :)
Antarctica
dream destination
would be an amazing place to have a meet-up, especially in honour of Mark (Travelman727) http://www.travbuddy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=50312
» see all 11 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Dutch, English, German, a little bit of French
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
* being an exchange student in Finland and travelling through the country
* meeting Mr. Santa in Rovaniemi
* nighttrain from St. Petersburg to Moscow
* in search for "elephants" in the Thai jungle and getting lost in the process
* Seeing the Piramids for the first time
* the colors of Bryce National Park - BEAUTIFUL!
* Las Vegas, once you've been there you will never forget it
* standing on top of a skislope surrounded by nothing else but beautiful mountains
* Tibetan nature and the friendliness of the people
* first TB meet-up in Amsterdam
* climbing the Moses Mountain, a once in a lifetime experience!
* Shanghai metro --> not for the fainted hearted!
* Australia : friendly people, awesome landscapes and amazing wildlife ... the whole package!
* Galapagos Islands --> an outdoor zoo with more than many amazing animals, birds and plant life!
* the underwater world of the Maldives, is there anything more beautiful??
Profile
When it comes to travelling, I must say that I am a "late bloomer". The first time I ever travelled was at the age of 16 years, but since than I am hooked ... I can say that I am a little bit addicted ... but than again, I think it is the best addiction there is! :-)

My one and only dream is to see the entire world ... so every time I visit a certain place, a little bit of my dream is coming true!
cimtech says:
Hi Ils, congrats on your featured blog, very well done !
sanfoodie says:
Congratulations on your featured blog Sri Lanka and Maldives
NickelP says:
Congrats on your featured blog Ils!

Ils1976's Travel Blogs

Dec 04, 2016 – Dec 20, 2016
Just out of the blue, me and my best friend decided this country would be the best place to outrun the daily hassle of life and…
Overview 13,071 words 406 68 205
This blog was featured on Thursday March 23rd, 2017
Nov 23, 2015 – Dec 11, 2015
This 18-day trip towards South America was once again such an amazing experience and made sure my love for this part of the wor…
Overview 22,504 words 504 616 2,041
This blog was featured on Tuesday February 9th, 2016
Jun 25, 2015 – Jul 17, 2015
A "magical" road trip through one of the beautiful regions of my neighbouring country!
Overview 10,474 words 277 373 1,135
This blog was featured on Friday November 20th, 2015

Ils1976's Travel Reviews

Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Lommel, Belgium
This German military cemetery which is located just outside the beautiful town of Lommel, in the…
This review was featured on Monday October 3rd, 2016
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Zierikzee, Netherlands
Till this day, this incredible long bridge is still the largest one of the country, this being t…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Sint-Amandsberg, Belgium
For some strange reason I must confess that I rather enjoy walking on a cemetery, unlike most pe…
Updated 3 days ago