TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 682,871 travelers just like you!

Ils1976
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Ils
Hometown: Olen, Belgium
Location: Olen, Belgium
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Contributions: Ils1976 has written about 180 places, shared 8,008 photos, left 21,486 comments, and smiled 55,597 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Gdansk, Poland
Aug 24, 2017 – Aug 28, 2017
can't wait to discover my first city in this more than interesting country
South Africa
Nov 3, 2017 – Nov 7, 2017
yearly trip with my best travbuddy ... can't wait to explore this country only if it is but for a few days
Namibia
Nov 7, 2017 – Nov 19, 2017
yearly trip with my best travbuddy ... looking forward to seeing the beauty of this more than interesting country
» see all 13 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Dutch, English, German, a little bit of French
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
* being an exchange student in Finland and travelling through the country
* meeting Mr. Santa in Rovaniemi
* nighttrain from St. Petersburg to Moscow
* in search for "elephants" in the Thai jungle and getting lost in the process
* Seeing the Piramids for the first time
* the colors of Bryce National Park - BEAUTIFUL!
* Las Vegas, once you've been there you will never forget it
* standing on top of a skislope surrounded by nothing else but beautiful mountains
* Tibetan nature and the friendliness of the people
* first TB meet-up in Amsterdam
* climbing the Moses Mountain, a once in a lifetime experience!
* Shanghai metro --> not for the fainted hearted!
* Australia : friendly people, awesome landscapes and amazing wildlife ... the whole package!
* Galapagos Islands --> an outdoor zoo with more than many amazing animals, birds and plant life!
* the underwater world of the Maldives, is there anything more beautiful??
Profile
When it comes to travelling, I must say that I am a "late bloomer". The first time I ever travelled was at the age of 16 years, but since than I am hooked ... I can say that I am a little bit addicted ... but than again, I think it is the best addiction there is! :-)

My one and only dream is to see the entire world ... so every time I visit a certain place, a little bit of my dream is coming true!
Suusj says:
Dankjewel Ils voor alles smiles & comments en de felicitaties voor mijn award upgrade :).
Posted on: Aug 15, 2017
DaveSwede says:
Thanks! Just slowly spreading the joy :)
Posted on: Aug 12, 2017
gingerbatik says:
Hi Ils,
Just booked the flight. we are in SA from the 19 Oct - 6 Nov, probably wouldn't see you in Johannesberg.
We are doing safari for 2 weeks in Kruger National Park.
Have fun on your trip there:)
Posted on: Aug 11, 2017

Ils1976's Travel Blogs

Dec 04, 2016 – Dec 20, 2016
Just out of the blue, me and my best friend decided this country would be the best place to outrun the daily hassle of life and…
Overview 13,071 words 406 235 1,082
This blog was featured on Thursday March 23rd, 2017
Jul 05, 2016 – Jul 09, 2016
De region Spessart which is located in the states of Bavaria and Hesse is very much known for its woods and loads of it … so …
Overview 6,381 words 116 71 385
This blog was featured on Monday May 1st, 2017
Nov 23, 2015 – Dec 11, 2015
This 18-day trip towards South America was once again such an amazing experience and made sure my love for this part of the wor…
Overview 22,504 words 504 620 2,061
This blog was featured on Tuesday February 9th, 2016

Ils1976's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Lisse, Netherlands
Keukenhof might be unknown for the most of us living outside of the Netherlands, but somehow mor…
This review was featured on Sunday July 23rd, 2017
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Lommel, Belgium
This German military cemetery which is located just outside the beautiful town of Lommel, in the…
This review was featured on Monday October 3rd, 2016
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Zierikzee, Netherlands
Till this day, this incredible long bridge is still the largest one of the country, this being t…
Updated 25 days ago