TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 703,232 travelers just like you!

Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Ildiko
Hometown: Debrecen, Hungary
Location: Ramsgate, England, UK
Join Date: March 17, 2012
Contributions: IldikoTF has written about 21 places, shared 195 photos, left 224 comments, and smiled 334 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Costa Rica
dream destination
just visited in 2017... but want to go back again !!!
Italian Alps, Italy
Bali, Indonesia
» see all 17 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Hungarian, rusty Russian needs serious refreshing if I want to use it again, learning Spanish now
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
* Meeting geishas in Japan
* Getting wet in the steam of Foz do Iguassu
* walking/climbing up a mountain in Norway just to see the fjords from the top;
* 25 zip lines down over 11 waterfalls near Miramar, Costa Rica
* rolling down on unused train tracks sitting on a wooden panel with tiny wheels in Borneo; very spontanious and slightly scary :) but great fun!
* Staying a water chalet in Langkawi, Malaysia
* whole day and night trek in the jungles of Khao Sok National Park, Thailand
* staying in a treehouse in Thailand
* seeing Mount Kinabalu from our balcony in Borneo
* road trip from Rome to the Amalphi Coast, including Pompei
* canoing trip on one of Hungary's rivers (Tisza) ending with a
* wine tasting in Tokaj, Hungary
* Travbuddy NYE meetup in Barcelona
* spending a day on an empty beech in Antigua
* a week on a Turkish gulet, stopping and spending the nights in tiny bays with turtles swimming around - a swim before breakfast, after breakfast, before lunch, after lunch.... you know the rest :)
and many more.. but there is soooo much more I want to see/experience
* gorgeous architecture and food at various riads in and around Fez, Morocco ... yummmmm
Many many places I want to see - on top of my list right now are Switzerland, Madagascar, Belize, and Asia : Vietnam, Japan, Indonesia and more.....

I'd like to meet likeminded people and possibly travel together, and all visitors to Ramsgate UK /London , who want a guide or just a chat and a coffee... get in touch :-)
traveldoc1984 says:
Thanks for info on potential London meet-ups next year. I will try to make the Winter Wonderland one!
Posted on: Nov 27, 2016
jeev99 says:
Thanks lldiko, sure I will. Let me know if you happen to visit Dubai.

Posted on: Oct 02, 2016

I put my blogs on Twitter and TripAdvisor
Overview 989 words 23 1 16

IldikoTF's Travel Reviews

Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Fethiye, Turkey
The Tombs are a must see in Turkey, and when you are in Fethiye. There are also lots of sarcopha…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Fethiye, Turkey
After walking around for a while looking for somewhere Turkish to eat we bumped into some Brits …
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Bath, England, UK
Although we did not stay at the Best Western Hotel but my hubby had been craving for a nice cre…