Il Terrazzino

093 50 24 27

Il Terrazzino Reviews

hdichter hdichter
Jul 22, 2007
For a dinner in Monaco that won’t absolutely kill your wallet, definitely go to Il Terrazzino. Ok, so you could order lots of things to make it really expensive, but you can also eat a really good and filling meal for not too much money. I actually did not eat any of the real meals, but instead I just ordered the antipasti buffet. Since I went a bit earlier than most people go out to dinner (and I went out a little after 8 p.m.!) the waiter was very attentive to me. He filled my plate with a little bit of everything from the buffet – well, almost everything. I passed on the octopus dish, and there were two eggplant dishes, one of which he said was better than the other, so he only gave me one. The roasted peppers were great, and so was the beans and barley, the eggplant dish that was on my plate, and the veggie (spinach) omelette. Plus, the tomato, mozzarella and basil was great. He also gave me bruschetta as part of the antipasti buffet – yum! You can also get seconds of whatever you want from it – and the buffet is just 19 euros! So if you go hungry, the buffet at Il Terrazzino definitely the way to fill up in Monaco. Of course, the antipasti buffet is technically an appetizer, but really, you can just eat it as your whole meal. I actually don’t think it’s possible to have room for a main course after the buffet. As for main dishes, there are plenty of pastas, fish meals, and meat meals. Had I ordered a pasta dish, it would have been a tough decision as to what to order. Perhaps that is why the buffet is such a good idea – no decisions to make!

A glass of wine was reasonably priced, too (five euros). Even though I was absolutely stuffed, I had to order dessert. The waiter offered to put an assortment of desserts on my plate, too, but I said I would just have the cannoli. Still, he brought me a plate with cannoli, creme-filled pastries, and also some lemon pastries, too. He said eat as much as I wanted – and that was just seven euros! Of course, I ate more dessert than I had room for, but how could I not? All three dessert items tasted great, but the cannoli was by far the best. Antipasti buffet and basically a dessert buffet – what could be any better?

The restaurant itself is pretty cute, too, decorated in bright blues and greens but with some accents in red and yellow. All in all, a very fun and yummy place to go for food in Monaco. Plus, the restaurant is just north of the Casino by a few short blocks, so it is very easy to get to it from all parts of the country. And a good place to fill up before heading down to the Casino for an evening of entertainment, or at least to snap a photo of the Casino lit up at night.
Il Terrazzino Map