Il Pozzo BV

030 231 1861

Il Pozzo BV Utrecht Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Dec 12, 2007
Il Pozzo is an Italian restaurant on the Oudgraacht in Utrecht, where I had a leaving do. It was really, really nice.

I had hopes for it. To their credit, all the restaurants I've been to on the canalside have made a big effort to make sure that they trade on tehir food and not on their location. But to be honest, I'd suggested italian because it is the ultimate compromise food - nearly everyone likes Italian. It is fun, it's usually nice, and the fussiest of eaters can always have a Margharita.

But Il Pozzo stands above that. The pasta I had - carbonara - was really nice. The pizza is the nice thin kind with lots of toppings. The decor is restful adn the ambience is given a definate edge by the wharf setting. The waiting staff were great - attentive without being intrusive - and deserved a much better tip than they got once we'd rummaged for change to split the bill.

A main course and a drink came to 15€ - average for round here - but I'd definately recommend it as the service was so good.

Check Utrecht Hotel Deals