Il Latini

via dei Palchetti 6/r, Florence, Italy
Il Latini - Front door with staff showing their best dishes.
Il Latini - The line at Il Latini before we got in.
Il Latini - Once we got seated... you can still see tons of people outside hoping to get in!!

Il Latini Florence Reviews

cavlizzy cavlizzy
OMG!! AWESOME!!! Jun 13, 2011
To be honest.... I don't remember the price. All I know is the wine kept coming...and so did the food!!

But it was NOT expensive for what we got or the awesome service that "happened".

This is more of an event! Lots of laughter.

ok... let me back up... first you MUST get to the door at least an hour in advance to WAIT. It is first come, first serve. And they basically only have 1-2 seatings a night. So if you miss getting seated you might as well forget it that night. We had our table for hours. They do NOT rush you.

Luckily we were told this in advance.... so I of course made my party wait for 1 1/2 hours! ha ha And there was already a short line.

By the time we went in.... it reminded me of a Texas Stampede! Lucky again, I am good at that game. LOL

Sorta kidding... everyone is very nice.

You get to stand and watch thru the window the owners and staff slowly smoke, drink, and eat enjoying themselves before they wait on YOU hand and foot the rest of the evening. Kinda neat.

They kick into HIGH gear after that. The doors open around 7pm... but double check.

Once you are seated..... There is NO MENU*****

I repeat *** NO MENU ***... You are asked a series of small questions of your preferences. Soup or something else? to begin. Beef, sausages, chicken, pasta, on and on.?? Actually I can't remember what all they called the food. They ask you what type of meat you basically like,, then bring you things like that.. They described it in detail when we asked, and they offered to bring a sample or a mix. NO PROBLEM.

The food kept coming no matter what you seemed to answer was the funny thing. And they always asked "do you want more? are you full yet?"

We were given a choice of wine, etc at the beginning... all I know is it came in a massive jug that we poured until our hearts delight!! We chose a red wine. I recall that.

I would recommend taking a taxi for 3 reasons. One the taxi can find the place! He will know exactly where this place is! Two,, you will be toooo full to walk. and Three,,,, you may be too tipsy to walk.

I have no memory of having dessert because I was so full from all the delicious food that kept being piled in front of me.

Sorry I only have 2 photos. Once I got inside, I was too busy juggling all the atmosphere, laughter, etc.. to worry about my camera.

But I will say of all the restaurants in Florence ** Don't miss this one*** There were 4 of us, and we did not break the bank.
The line at Il Latini before we go…
Once we got seated... you can stil…
X_Drive says:
You certainly aren't the only one who loves it! Sounds like a lot more than I could even consider eating. :)
Posted on: Jun 13, 2011
jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Best Italian food ever! Nov 17, 2009
This is in my top three dining experiences of all times. I went here with my mother whenever we did a tour of Italy. I had studied in Florence but had never heard of this place. I read about it on Chowhound and decided to try it out. I am SO glad we did. The rustic Italian food was so incredible. everything was prepared just right. The service was immaculate. Our server ended up giving us dessert and after dinner drinks for free. His suggestions hit the mark exactly. The place was crowded and hectic, but we were never forgotten about which is a feat in and of itself. Seating is group style, which was nice. We talked to a girl from China who was on some type of study abroad program. She was freaked out whenever she saw we left a 20 euro tip because she thought it was super expensive. We assured her that our server had just earned it and it wasn't the typical 10-15% Go eat here, you will not regret it!
alicegourmet says:
I like those rustic Italian food. You guys are very lucky to have incredible service and food!
Posted on: Nov 17, 2009
secretkeeper81 secretke…
Nov 28, 2007
This is the place to go if you want to try real food from Tuscany, including traditional soups and the famous T-bone steak.

The food is really good and the price is fair. You can order everything from starter to dessert and pay around 30 euros (of course it's the steak that makes it expensive).

This restaurant is located in the historical center so you can easily reach it during your sightseeing trip.

I think opening hours are noon till 3 p.m. for lunch and 7 p.m. till I don't know when for dinner.

Since it's always very crowded, I recommend going there a little while before it opens. You can just wait outside and as soon as they open, they'll let you in. There's plenty of room, but if you arrive later, it's unlikely that anyone will give up their seats soon.

Reservations are pretty useless too in my experience, because if you call they'll just tell you to come at opening time!
Front door with staff showing thei…
jl_ghs316 says:
Best restaurant in all of Italy as far as I'm concerned!
Posted on: Nov 17, 2009
chereskin says:
Thanks so much. I am going in March and will check out your recommendation.
Posted on: Nov 28, 2007