Il Fico

Chatham Street, Dublin, Ireland

Il Fico Dublin Reviews

therealfroggy therealf…
Charming and welcoming Sicillian café Nov 03, 2011
With my mother and sister in tow, I was looking for a place to eat that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg (Dublin truly is expensive) and that might serve something NOT deep-fried. We spotted the open door and well-lit interior of Il Fico, and proceeded to have a look at the menu board.

Three-course meal for 13.95 (euros)? Yes, please.

The service was almost spookily swift. My mother and I had the bruschetta starter, my sister had the "Italian platter" - delicious. The steak was done precisely to my request, and my sister ordered salmon that came in a creamy sauce with lots of herbs. I do regret, though, that I didn't try the home-made sausage - it looked mouth-watering, but I sadly can't say if it truly was.

The tiramisú we had for desert was light, slightly citrus-y and came in somewhat daunting portions (I couldn't finish mine, being quite full from dinner). When we left a solid tip in appreciation of the meal and service, the waiter brought us each a complimentary Sambuca shot - flaming, as it were, and with coffee beans. Italian style, baby!

All in all, I couldn't recommend leaving Dublin without having gone here first. I'm going back this very weekend to try out their sausage.

Check Dublin Hotel Deals