Il Companello Ristorante, New York City

New York, New York

Il Companello Ristorante, New York City Reviews

portia portia
Dec 15, 2007
We went there because it was one of the closest from our hotel, they had a band area downstairs, which was empty when we got there, but later the band arrived and started practicing, so it was interesting to had all this non-complete, half tuning, half practice music while we ate. We left before the band started its show, so can't tell you if the band was any good or not.

However, one thing we do know is that their house bread is about the worst I have ever had at ANY restaurant! These dinner rolls were bland, dry and tasted no better than cardboard. We were seriously thinking we should go to another restaurant because the bread was so bad.

The dinner turned out not to be as bad as the bread, even pretty good, and a relief after the awful bread. The waitress said the bread was even made at the restaurant, not some stale leftover bread one would get at a store.

I had Ravioli de la casa (homemade ricotta and spinach ravioli with tomato sauce), which was pretty good. But I would not go back to the restaurant, simply because I can't stand to taste or even see their bread again.

Oh well, their band may even be good entertainment too.
interior of the restaurant Il Camp…
clareshao says:
the restaurant will be known and remembered for their bad bread,haha...
Posted on: Jan 07, 2008