Ikko

(310) 371-7197‎

Ikko Torrance Reviews

Eric Eric
Good but pricey, considering alternatives Aug 28, 2009
Ikko is a tiny little restaurant right next to Inaba, another Japanese restaurant that I enjoy immensely. Lisa and I wanted to try something new, so we decided to try Ikko.

The setting of Ikko is unusual, but in a good way. It's a bit trendy, with dark woods and dim lighting. The restaurant is TINY -- I think there are only 5-6 tables, unless there is a secret backdoor area or underground cavern that escaped my attention. Tables are separated by a piece of hanging cloth, which gives a sense of privacy to an otherwise cramped environment.

The food here was good, but quite pricey. We had a salad, sashimi sampler platter, and tuna roll. The fish was fresh and tasty, but I couldn't really notice a huge difference in the quality between here vs Inaba or Tashiro's, which are both slightly cheaper.

Although it was a unique experience, I'm not sure I would come back here again given that Inaba is right next door. They did seem to offer some more unique items on the menu that might make it worth visiting if you aren't looking just for sushi, but we didn't get the opportunity to try those out.

Check Torrance Hotel Deals