Ignite

272 Morrison St, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Ignite Edinburgh Reviews

juliemayberry juliemay…
Feb 24, 2008
we booked a table here as khushis was fully booked. all seemed well, the decor was lovely, tables a bit clothes together but cosy. we arrived at 730 and ordered. we ordered poppadoms and a chutney tray for 6 we ended up with 3 poppadoms between us. these came very quick. however, before we finished eating our starters the main meals arrived. they wanted to take away the poppadoms and dips but we insisted we had not finished so the table was pretty crowded. the main meals were lovely quite big portions but the rice was pretty small. definately no sharing one rice. at 855 we got offered coffee and dessert we said no we would finish our drinks. at 9pm we asked to leave our table as other people had arrived. i was disgusted by this. the service the whole 1.5 hours was to get us to eat our food as fast as we could. even if we had wanted dessert tough our table was gone. it would not have bothered me if we had been told when booking we only had 1.5 hours to wat our food. i did complain only to be told it was a small restaurant. this could have been th perfect indian as the food and decor were lovely but as I informed the waiter I would never go back there as the service was awful. it was not a nice relaxing experience which dining out should be
dougal dougal
Feb 16, 2007
Ignite is a small intimate Indian restaurant just slightly away from the centre of the town but none the less my companions claim it to be the best Indian they've found since they’ve been living in Edinburgh.

As with many places of this type the tables are squashed in tight together but that doesn't detract, in fact it adds to the cosy atmosphere. The staff were all extremely cheerful, friendly and accommodating, finding us a table even though we’d turned up about twenty minutes before our booking.

The menu is expansive but reasonably cheap and there was a large selection of vegetarian dishes to choose from (which is always important on my outings).

If the prices looked reasonable on the menu they looked even better when the food arrived. Everything came served in hefty portions and only the most ravenous diner could genuinely expect to clear their plate. Each dish comes in it's own serving bowl placed on a long hotplate down the centre of the table which not only kept your curry nice and hot but also encouraged mix and match between everyone as you got a taste of all the dishes.

The food itself was delicious, excellently cooked and just the right attention to the spicing and it did seem a shame to leave any but my appetite has never been the largest.

I've no other curry house in the area to compare it to but I couldn't argue with the assertion that it's a top notch place and worth seeking out if you’re in the vicinity.
sunsetrosebud says:
I love the idea of having a hot plate on the table. We frequently share when chinese restaurants serve family style but I have never seen one with the hot plate as part of the table.
Posted on: Apr 28, 2007